|Father||Judge Joseph Sackett (1680-1755)|
|Mother||Hannah Alsop (1690-1773)|
91. Deborah Sackett, 1718-1759, daughter of (23) Judge Joseph and Hannah Alsop Sackett, was married, Oct. 28, 1737, to James Stringham, son of Capt. Samuel Stringham, and grandson of Peter Stringham.
Peter Stringham was a resident of Jamaica, L. I., several years prior to 1683, on which date his name is recorded in list of resident taxpayers of that town.
Capt. Samuel Stringham, son of above, was a resident of Flatbush, L. I., and in 1715 was a member of the military company of that town, commanded by Capt. Jonathan Wright. A few years later he was commissioned Captain of same company, which office he held as late as 1738.
James Stringham, son of Capt. Samuel, was a resident of Flushing, L. I., in 1736. On July 17 of that year, he was granted a patent for 1,630 acres of land near the present City of Middletown, Orange County, N. Y. Some three months later he was married to Deborah Sackett, as above stated. James Stringham's name appears under date of 1738 as a member of a company of Orange County militia known as "The foot company of the precinct of the Highlands," which saw considerable service on the nearby Indian frontier.
301. Ann Stringham.
Children of Deborah Sackett and James Stringham
- David Stringham b. say 1740
- Ann Stringham b. say 1742
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "91. Deborah Sackett, b. Nov. 18, 1718, d. Jan. 10, 1754; m. James Stringham."
- New York State, Names of persons for whom marriage licenses were issued by the secretary of the province of New York, previous to 1784., Albany, Weed, Parsons & Co (1860), digital image, (https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/009586797), "1737, Oct. 28. Sacket, Deborah and James Stringham; v. I, 7."
|Sackett line||4th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||12 May 2020|