|Father||Richard Sackett (1626-1692)|
|Mother||Susan Tomlin (-1704)|
Stephen's will, made at MargateG on 28 December 1741, was proved at the Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury on 7 June 1745. No records of children of Stephen and Anne have been found and the will appears to confirm that he had no immediate family. After a bequest of £7 to a friend, George Hall the younger, he left all his estate to widow Elizabeth Smith the elder and her daughter Elizabeth Smith.8
Date: 28 December 1741.
Proved: Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 7 June 1745.
Source: Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-92-99.
Testator: Stephen Sackett, yeoman, of Margate, Kent.
Elizabeth Smith the elder, widow, & her daughter Elizabeth Smith, all real & personal estate.
Friend George Hall the younger, £7.
Executors: George Hall, Elizabeth Smith the elder.
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John in Thanet, Kent, "20 October 1663 Stephen s. Richard & Susan Sackett."
- Burials Register, St John in Thanet, Kent (Marion Sackett transcripts), "16 April 1745 Stephen Sackett yeoman, 81."
- Thanet Obituary (monumental inscriptions), St John's Church, Margate, Kent, headstone, "Stephen Sackett, 14 April 1745 aged 82."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "26 December 1694 Stephen Sackett, yeoman, & Ann Underdowne, spinster, both of St John in Thanet. At St Alphege Canterbury."
- Marriages Register, St Alphege, Canterbury, Kent (Parish Register and Bishops' Transcript), "26 December 1694 Steven Sackett & Ann Underdowne."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Burials Register, St John in Thanet, Kent (Marion Sackett transcripts), "20 December 1741 Anne Sackett wife of Stephen, 66."
- Will of Stephen Sackett of Margate, Kent, 28 December 1741, proved at Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 7 June 1745 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-92-99).
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of William Sackett of St John in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
|Last Edited||14 Oct 2019|