|Mother||Martha Jane Gratton (1856-1899)|
Maud and her sister Lilian were admitted to the St Pancras School, Leavesden, HertfordshireG, on 4 January 1899 under the Poor Law provisions. Their mother Martha was an inmate at the Highgate Infirmary where she died in early 1899.5
In 1901 Maud was living at St Pancras School, Watford, HertfordshireG, and was recorded in the census as Maud Sackett, a pupil, aged six, birthplace not known.6
In 1911 she was living at 162 Hanover Road, Willesden, LondonG, in the household of Alfred John Thorne, 32, a civil engineer, and was recorded as Maud Sackett, a general domestic servant, aged 16 and born in St Pancras.7
In 1921 she was living at 121 North Hill, Hornsey, LondonG, in the household of Rev John Thomas Bingley, and was recorded as Maud Sackett, a general domestic servant, aged 27.8
At the outbreak of the Second World War in 1939, Maud was a domestic servant in the household of Lt Col Clifford Annesley in Poole, DorsetG.9
Notes & Citations
- 1939 Register has 31 Dec 1896. This may have been a guess. Other records suggest late 1894/early 1895. A civil birth registration is not found.
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Jun qtr 1966. Tucker, Maud, 72. Poole. 7c:767."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index" (Ancestry transcript), "Jun qtr 1942. Sackett, Maud. Spouse: Tucker. Blandford. 5a:883."; "Jun qtr 1942. Tucker, William J. Spouse: Sackett. Blandford. 5a:883."
- "London, England, Poor Law School District Registers, 1852-1918" (Ancestry image), St Pancras Schools at Leavesden, admissions, half year ending Lady Day [25 Mar] 1899, "Sackett, Lilian, 5, b. 1896 [sic], Protestant, class 4, number affixed to child's clothes: 624, order dated 4 Jan, mother Martha in Highgate Infirmary."; "Sackett, Maud, 4, b. 1895, Protestant, class 4, number affixed to child's clothes: 754, order dated 4 Jan, mother Martha in Highgate Infirmary."
- 1901 England census
St Pancras Schools (All Saints, Leavesden), Watford, Hertfordshire [for maintenance of Poor Law children from St Pancras parish]
Lilian Sackett, pupil, 7, b. not known
Maud Sackett, pupil, 6, b. not known.
- 1911 England census
RG14, piece 7001
162 Hanover Road, Willesden
Sackett, Maud, 16, general servant domestic, b. St Pancras, London.
[In household of Alfred John Thorne, 32, a civil engineer]
- 1921 England census
121 North Hill, Hornsey, Middlesex
Maud Sackett, servant, 27y 5m, single, b. St Pancras, London, general domestic servant, Rev J T Bingley, 121 Work Hill
[In household of John Thomas Bingley, C of E Chaplain, Highgate Cemetery].
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Annesley household, Poole, Dorset: Annesley, Clifford, b. 4 Jan 1877, retired Lt Col RASC; Annesley, Clara M, b. 23 Dec 1876, unpaid domestic duties; Sackett (later Tucker), Maud, b. 31 Dec 1896, single, domestic service.
|Last Edited||6 Nov 2022|