Gertrude Isabel Sackett
|Father||John Randolph Sackett (1855-1926)|
|Mother||Julia Ann Clapp (1857-)|
In 1900 Gertrude was living at Pleasant Sreet, NorthamptonG, and was recorded in the census as Gertrude I Sackett, aged ten and born in Massachusetts. She was living with her parents John and Julia in the household of her maternal grandmother Julia Clapp.8
In 1910 she was living at Washington Avenue, NorthamptonG, in the household of her widowed mother Julia, and was recorded as Gertrude Sackett, a musician in an orchestra, aged 20. Her future husband John Ware, 22, was a lodger in the household.9
In 1920 she was living at Boyd Street, Watertown, Middlesex County, MassachusettsG, in the household of her husband John, 31, a salesman, and was recorded as Gertrude I Ware, aged 29. Living with them were their daughter Virginia, aged six, and Gertrude's widowed mother Julia Sackett, 62.10
In 1930 she was living at Green Terrace, Reading, Berks County, PennsylvaniaG, in the household of her husband John, a salesman, and was recorded as Gertrude Ware, aged 40. Their daughter Virginia, aged 16, was living with them.11
Child of Gertrude Isabel Sackett and John Benedict Ware
- Virginia R Ware+ b. c 1913
Notes & Citations
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, Springfield, "26 Aug 1889, Gertrude Isabel Sackett, b. 14 Adams St, father John R, clerk, b. Northampton, mother Julia A (Clapp), b. Northampton, informant W H Andrews, recorded Jan 1890."
- The Cincinnati Enquirer (Cincinnati, Ohio), digital image, Newspapers.com, 15 Dec 1968, p 100, "WARE. Gertrude I. Sackett, beloved wife of John B. Ware, beloved mother of Mrs. James T. (Virginia) Byrnes, grandmother of Mrs. Michael (Julia Anne) Baughman and James T. Byrnes Jr.; Thursday, December 12, 1968; residence, 420 Riddle Rd. Services private. Baiter & Sahnd Funeral Home in charge."
- "Ohio Deaths 1908–1932, 1938–2018", database, Ancestry.com, "Gertrud I Ware, 79, married, of Cincinnati, d. Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, OH, 12 Dec 1968."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "Gertrude Ware, b. 26 Aug 1889, d. Dec 1968, residence 45220 Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio."
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1911–1915", digital image, American Ancestors, v611, p23, marriage, Greenfield, "Hartford, Conn, 3 Sep 1912, John B Ware, 24, first m., of Roxbury, Mass, clerk, b. New York, NY, s. Henry E Ware & Frances Kerns; to Gertrude I Sackett, 22, first m., of Greenfield, Mass, pianist, b. Springfield, Mass, d. John R Sackett & Julia Clapp; by Henry M Thompson, Minister of the Gospel, Hartford, Ct."
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, Ancestry.com.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "John Ware, b. 22 Feb 1888, d. Aug 1974, last res. 45220, Cincinnati, Hamilton, OH."
- 1900 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page: 7; Enumeration District: 0629; FHL microfilm: 1240654
Pleasant Street, Northampton, Massachusetts, 22 Jun 1900
Clapp, Julia A, 77, head, b. Jan 1823, 77, wd, 4 ch, 3 living, b. MA, father b. VT, mother b. VT, home owned free of mortgage
Sackett, Julia A, dau, b. Nov 1858, 41, m. 20y, 6 ch, 3 living, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sackett, John R, son-in-law, b. Aug 1855, 44, m. 20y, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, salesman furniture
Sackett, Lillian J, gdau, b. Mar 1881, 19, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sackett, William R, gson, b. Sep 1882, 17, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, bicycle maker
Sackett, Gertrude I, gdau, b. Aug 1899, 10, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, at school.
- 1910 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: T624_593; Page: 11B; Enumeration District: 0698; FHL microfilm: 1374606
Washington Avenue, Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, 25/26 Apr 1910
Sackett, Julia, head, 47, wid, 3 ch, 2 living, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. NY
Sackett, Gertrude, dau, 20, single, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, musician, orchestra
Clapp, Jane, [illegible], 34, single, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. NY
Ware, John, lodger, 22, single, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, timekeeper, building.
- 1920 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: T625_720; Page: 7B; Enumeration District: 512
Boyd Street, Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Jan 1920
Ware, John B, head, home rented, 31, married, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, salesman commercial
Ware, Gertrude I, wife, 29, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Ware, Virginia R, dau, 6, b. MA, father b. NY, mother b. MA
Sackett, Julia A, mother-in-law, 62, wd, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA.
- 1930 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page: 1A; Enumeration District: 0022; FHL microfilm: 2341735
Green Terrace, Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania, 2 Apr 1930
Ware, John B, head, home owned, $10,000, 48 [sic], m. at 24, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, salesman, specialty
Ware, Gertrude, wife, 40, m. at 23, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Ware, Virginia, dau, 16, b. MA, father b. NY, mother b. MA.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 64561|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Sackett line||9th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||31 Dec 2019|