Charles Ebenezer Sackett
In 1860 Charles was living in Carlyle, Clinton County, IllinoisG, and was recorded in the census as E Sackett, a miller, aged 30 and born in Illinois. Living with him were his wife Susannah, 20, and their children, Sarah, 3, and Thomas, aged two months.5
Charles served during the American Civil War as a private in the 111th Regiment, Illinois Infantry. He died in service.6
In 1870 Susannah was living in Jefferson, Maries County, MissouriG, with her second husband Samuel Givens. Her children, Sarah, 12, Thomas, 10, and Ebenezer, 7, were living with them, together with Samuel's three children by his first marriage, and Samuel and Susannah's two-year-old son John.7
Children of Charles Ebenezer Sackett and Susannah Hamilton
Notes & Citations
- "Brinkerhoff's History of Marion County, Illinois" (Ancestry image), 94, 111th regiment, privates, "Ebenezer Sackett, died at Fort Heiman, Kentucky, April 24, 1863."
- "Illinois, County Marriages, 1800–1940" (Ancestry transcript), "25 Jun 1854, Madison, Illinois, Ebenezer Sackett & Susana Hamilton."
- Thurmon King's database.
- 1860 United States census
Roll: M653_163; Page: 656; Family History Library Film: 803163
Carlyle (PO), Clinton County, Illinois, 14 Jun 1860
Sackett, E, 30, miller, b. IL
Sackett, Susannah, 20, b. Il
Sackett, Sarah, 3, b. IL
Sackett, Thomas, 2/12, b. IL
Eldridge, Emily, 8, b. IL.
- "US Civil War Soldiers, 1861–1865" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Ebenezer, Union, private, Company D, 111th Regiment, Illinois Infantry."
- 1870 United States census
Roll: M593_791; Page: 426B; Family History Library Film: 552290
Jefferson, Maries County, Missouri, 16 Jul 1870
Givens, Samuel, 36, carpenter, b. VA
Givens, Sousanna, 30, keeping house, b. IL
Givens, Henrietta, 18, without occ, b. VA
Givens [Sackett], Sarah Adline, at home, 12, b. IL
Givens, Sacket, Thomas E, at home, 10, b. IL
Givens, Virginia A, 8, b. IL
Givens, [Sackett], Ebenezer C, 7, b. IL
Givens, Samuel, 7, b. MO
Givens, John W, 2, b. IL.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Last Edited||23 Mar 2018|