Sidney Aaron Sackett
|Father||Samuel Sacofsky/Sackett (1879-1973)|
|Mother||Rebecca Lipsher (1885-1926)|
In 1920 Sidney was living at Connecticut Avenue, Bridgeport, Fairfield County, ConnecticutG, in the household of his parents Samuel and Rebecca, and was recorded in the census as Sidney A Sackett, aged seven and born in Connecticut.10
In 1930 he was living at Lake Street, Stratford, Fairfield County, ConnecticutG, and was recorded as Sidney Sackett, aged 17. He was living with his widowed father Samuel in the household of his sister Helen and brother-in-law Carl.11
Sidney was listed in the Bridgeport directory of 1932. He was a student, living at 304 Windsor Avenue, Stratford, Fairfield County, ConnecticutG.12
In 1940 he was living at 79th Street, Queens, New York CityG, and was recorded as Sidney Sackett, a dentist, head of household, aged 27, single. His brother Herbert, 19, was living with him.13
Notes & Citations
- Father's naturalization papers.
- Death record.
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Sidney Aaron, b. Bridgeport, Connecticut, 11 Mar 1913, d. 27 Mar 2004, father Samuel Sackett, mother Rebecca Lipscher. Listed Jul 1937 as Sidney Aaron Sackett. Listed 9 May 2004 as Sidney A Sackett."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Sidney A Sackett, b. Mar 11, 1913, d. Mar 27, 2004, SSN 048-07-2972 issued CT, residence Floral Park, New York, 11005, county Queens."
- Billion Graves.
- "New York, New York, Marriage License Indexes, 1907–1995" (Ancestry image), "11 Feb 1943, Queens, New York City, marriage license, Sidney A Sackett & Sadie Chipkin."
- "JewishGen Online Worldwide Burial Registry" (Ancestry transcript), "Sacket, Sadie C, b. 11 Jan 1918, d. 2 Jun 1975, age 57, bur. plot I34, Hebrew Sick Benefit Cemetery, Blackrock Avenue, Fairfield, CT."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Sadie Sackett, b. Jan 11, 1918, d. Jun, 1975, SSN 108-07-5545 issued NY, residence Sunnyside, New York, 11104, county Queens."
- 1920 United States census
Roll: T625_176; Page: 12B; Enumeration District: 84
Connecticut Ave, Bridgeport, Fairfield County, Connecticut, 10 Jan 1920
Sackett, Samuel, head, home owned on mortgage, 41, married, immigrated 1895, naturalized 1917, b. Russia, father b. Russia, mother b. Russia, tailor, gentlemens
Sackett, Rebecca, wife, 34, immigrated 1892, naturalized, b. Russia, father b. Russia, mother b. Russia
Sackett, Helen, dau, 17, b. NY, father b. Russia, mother b. Russia
Sackett, Sidney A, son, 7, b. CT, father b. Russia, mother b. Russia
Mayer, Carol [sic: Carl], boarder, male, 24, b. Germany, father b. Germany, mother b. Germany, chauffeur
Rosenblun, Harry, roomer, 26, b. Austria, father b. Austria, mother b. Austria, laborer, factory.
- 1930 United States census
Page: 27A; Enumeration District: 0216; FHL microfilm: 2339995
Lake St, Stratford, Fairfield County, Connecticut, 24 Apr 1930
Mayer, Carl, head, home rented $30 pm, 34, m. at 31, b. Germany, father b. Germany, mother b. Germany, immigrated 1913, naturalized, proprietor, garage
Mayer, Helen, wife, 25, m. at 22, b. NY, father b. Russia, mother b. Russia
Mayer, Richard, son, 2 6/12, b. CT, father b. Germany, mother b. NY
Sackett, Samuel, father-in-law, 46, wd, b. Russia, father b. Russia, mother b. Russia, immigrated 1900, naturalized, tailor, tailor shop
Sackett, Herbert, brother-in-law, 9, b. CT, father b. Russia, mother b. Russia
Sackett, Sidney, brother-in-law, 17, b. CT, father b. Russia, mother b. Russia.
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995" (Ancestry image), Bridgeport, Connecticut, City Directory, 1932, "Sackett Sidney student r 304 Windsor av Stfd."
- 1940 United States census
m-t0627-02732; Page: 7A; Enumeration District: 41-617B
79th Street, Queens, New York, 20 Apr 1940
Sackett, Sidney, head, 27, single, b. CT, dentist, private practice, own account
Sackett, Herbert, brother, 19, single, b. CT, helper, bakery.
|Charts||Line 0 (American)|
|Last Edited||30 Jun 2019|