Paul Clifford Sackett
|Father||Ward Eugene Sackett (1877-1967)|
|Mother||Clara Minnie Seiffert (1882-1914)|
In 1910 Paul was living at Lincoln Avenue, Ogden City, Weber County, UtahG, in the household of his parents Ward and Clara, and was recorded in the census as Paul Sackett, aged four and born in Utah.7
In 1920 Paul was living at West 33rd Avenue, Denver, ColoradoG, in the household of his father Ward and stepmother Louise, and was recorded in the census as Paul Sackett, aged 13 and born in Utah.8
Paul obtained a passport at age 14 in 1920 to travel to England to attend an international scouting conference and to France and Belgium to view the World War battlefields.9
Paul worked as a musician on the ship President Pierce, departing Seattle on 20 September 1928 and arriving at Honolulu, HawaiiG, on 7 November 1928.10 He also worked as a musician on the ship Statendam, sailing from Boulogne sur Mer, France, and arriving in New York on 6 September 1930.11
In 1930 Paul was living at Sheridan Boulevard, Columbia Heights, Jefferson County, ColoradoG, in the household of his father Ward and stepmother Louise, and was recorded in the census as Paul Sackett, aged 24 and born in Utah.12
Notes & Citations
- Death record.
- Passport application.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Paul Sackett, b. Mar 29, 1906, d. Dec, 1984, SSN 523-07-6933 issued CO, residence Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87112, county Bernalillo."
- "Colorado Statewide Marriage Index, 1853–2006" (FamilySearch image), "1 Sep 1936, at Denver, Denver County, Paul Clifford Sackett, & Eva Elizabeth William, by Harry S Kennedy, Clergyman."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Eva W Sackett, b. Apr 26, 1911, d. Jun 21, 2000, SSN 521-18-8330 issued CO, residence Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87112, county Bernalillo."
- 1910 United States census
Roll T624_1611, p. 4A, Enumeration District 0224, FHL microfilm 1375624
Lincoln Ave, Ogden City, Weber County, Utah, 20 Apr 1910
Sackett, W E, head, 35, m1. 7y, b. IA, father b. US, mother b. US, boilermaker, railroad
Sackett, Clara, wife, 27, m1. 7y, 1 ch, living, b. SD, father b. Germany, mother b. Germany
Sackett, Paul, son, 4, b. UT, father b. IA, mother b. SD
Leiffert? [indistinct], Minnie, mother-in-law, 70, wid, 10 ch, 4 living, b. Germany, father b. Germany, mother b. Germany.
- 1920 United States census
Roll T625_159, p. 9B, Enumeration District 115, Image 916
West 33rd Ave, Denver City, Denver County, Colorado, 8/9 Jan 1920
Sackett, Ward, head, 41, married, b. IA, father b. IN, mother b. IN, boiler maker, railroad shop
Sackett, Louise, wife, 39, b. IL, father b. Sweden, mother b. Sweden
Sackett, Paul, son, 13, b. UT, father b. IA, mother b. IL
Sackett, Floyd, son, 8, b. ID, father b. MO, mother b. IL.
- "US Passport Applications, 1795–1925" (Ancestry image), "Denver, Colorado. Paul Clifford Sackett, b. Ogden, Utah, 29 March 1906, father W E Sackett b. Iowa & now living at Denver. Have never had a passport. Visiting England, Scouts International Conference; France, to view battlefields; Belgium. Intending to leave port of New York on Pochontas on July 5, 1920. Sworn 16 June 1920. Fee recd 28 June 1920."
- "Honolulu, Hawaii, Passenger and Crew Lists, 1900–1959" (Ancestry image), "Paul Clifford Sackett, 22, ship President Pierce, arrival Honolulu, 7 Nov 1928, length of service: none, musician [1 of 4], engaged 20 Sep 28 Seattle, USA citizen, ht 5-11, wt 156."
- "New York Passenger Lists, 1820–1957" (Ancestry image), "Paul Sackett, musician, 24, American, ht 5-10½, wt 152, ship Statendam, departed Boulogne sur Mer, arrived New York 6 Sep 1930."
- 1930 United States census
Roll 243, p. 1A, Enumeration District 0042, Image 1094.0, FHL microfilm 2339978
Sheridan Bvld, Columbia Heights, Jefferson County, Colorado, 2 Apr 1930
Sackett, Ward E, head, home owned, value $6,000, 51, m. at 24, b. IA, father b. IA, mother b. IA, boiler mechanic, steam railroad
Sackett, Louise U, wife, 46, m. at 20, b. IL, father b. IL, mother b. IL
Sackett, Paul, son, 24, single, b. UT, father b. IA, mother b. IL
Sackett, Floyd, stepson, 18, single, b. OR, father b. MO, mother b. IL.
|Sackett line||10th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||27 Oct 2014|