|Father||Joel Finney (1744-1798)|
|Mother||Anna Sackett (1751-1844)|
Joel Finney, son of Joel Finney and Anna Sackett, was born in Warren, Litchfield County, ConnecticutG, on 26 July 1772.1,2 He died aged 73 in Elizabethtown, Essex County, New York StateG, on 7 March 1846 and was buried at Black River Cemetery, Westport, Essex CountyG.3 He married first in say 1792, Rebecca ___.4 Rebecca was born in about 1775.5 She died aged 40 in Essex CountyG on 25 June 1815 and was buried at Black River CemeteryG.6 He married second after 1815, Nelly ___. Nelly was born in about 1780.5 She died aged 55 in Essex CountyG on 18 March 1836 and was buried at Black River CemeteryG.7
Child of Joel Finney and Rebecca ___
- Theron Finney+ b. 24 Mar 1807, d. after 1889
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, Kent, "Joel, s. Joel & Anne, b. July 26, 1772."
- Thurmon King's database, 19169 Joel Finney.
- Find a Grave, Black River Cemetery, Westport, Essex County, New York, "Joel Finney/ died March 7/ 1846/ aged 73 years/ 7 mo & 9 days."
- Email from Midgie Bardo to Chris Sackett, June 2014.
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Find a Grave, Black River Cemetery, Westport, Essex County, New York, "Rebecha wife of/ Joel Finney/ died June 25/ 1815 aged 40 years."
- Find a Grave, Black River Cemetery, Westport, Essex County, New York, "Nelly/ wife of/ Joel Finney/ died/ March 18 1836/ aged 55 years."
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||9 Feb 2015|