George Arthur Sackett
|Father||George Raymond Sackett (1867-1940)|
|Mother||Katherine Twohig (1868-)|
In 1900 George was living at Payson? Street, RevereG, in the household of his parents George and Katherine, and was recorded in the census as George A Sackett, aged three and born in Massachusetts.7
In 1910 he was living at Barrett Street, RevereG, in the household of his parents George and Katherine, and was recorded as George A Sackett, aged 13.8
George was a member of the Chemical Society at the Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyG in 1918.9
George completed a World War I draft registration card on 1 June 1918. He was aged 21, working at the Goodyear Fire & Rubber Company. He gave his home address as RevereG but was working in Akron, Ohio. Next of kin was his father George.10
George was listed in the Revere City Directory in 1919, 1922, and 1925, living at his father's home at 45 Barrett Street, RevereG.11
In 1920 he was living at Akron, Summit County, OhioG, and was recorded as George A Sackett, a laborer in a rubber factory, aged 23, single. He was lodging with 50+ others, many of whom were also working in the rubber factory.12
George and Marie visited France in 1932, returning from Marseilles on the SS President Van Buren and arriving in New York on 18 July 1932. Their home address was then 45 Barrett Street, RevereG.13
George completed a World War II draft registration card on 26 April 1942. He was aged 45 and was employed by the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. He was living at 615 Roslyn Avenue, Akron, OhioG, with his wife Marie.14
Notes & Citations
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910", digital image, American Ancestors, v4, p177, birth, "1896 Oct 12, [record] Sept 1, 1900, George Arthur Sackett, at Revere, s. George R Sackett & Catherine T Toohig, of Water St, father an engineer, b. Westfield Mass, mother b. Cambridge Mass."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "George Sackett, b. Oct 12, 1896, d. Mar, 1983, SSN 299-01-9209 issued OH, residence Taunton, Massachusetts, 02780, county Bristol."
- "Massachusetts, Death Index, 1970–2003", database, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, George A, d. Taunton, 21 Mar 1983, b. MA 12 Oct 1896."
- Buffalo Morning Express and Illustrated Buffalo Express, Buffalo, New York, 17 Sep 1922, page 58, "Sackett–Rattigan. Mrs. Jeannette Rattigan of Lancaster avenue announces the marriage of her daughter, Marie Eleanor, to George Arthur Sackett of Revere, Mass., on Saturday, September 16th, at Saint Joseph's cathedral. Mr. and Mrs. Sackett are taking a trip to New York and Boston and will be at home on their return at No. 72 Day's park." [Transcribed from Newspapers.com by Ted Smith]
- "New York State, Marriage Index 1881–1967", digital image, Ancestry.com, "16 Sep 1922, at Buffalo, New York, George A Sackett and Marie E Rattigan."
- Passenger list.
- 1900 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 690, p. 16B, FHL microfilm 1240690
Payson? Street [next to Mountain Avenue], Revere, Revere Township, Suffolk County, Massachusetts
Sackett, George R, head, b. July 1868, 31, m. 4y, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, engineer, house rented
Sackett, Katherine, wife, b. Oct 1869, 30, m. 4y, 2 ch, b. MA, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland
Sackett, George A, son, b. Oct 1896, 3, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sackett, William L, son, b. Nov 1899, 6/12, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sackett, Frederick, brother, b. May 1874, 26, single, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, occ. real estate.
- 1910 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: T624_626; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 1685; FHL microfilm: 1374639
Barrett Street, Revere, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, 16 Apr 1910
Sackett, George R, head, 42, m1. 14y, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, supervisor machinery, Met Park Commission
Sackett, Catherine, wife, 40, m1. 14y, 4 ch, 3 living, b. MA, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland
Sackett, George A, son, 13, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sackett, William, son, 10, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sackett, Harry, son, 7, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sackett, Edward W?, brother, 32, single, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, rattan worker, at home, blind.
- "U.S., School Yearbooks, 1900–1990", digital image, Ancestry.com, Chemical Society, 1918, George Arthur Sackett.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, Massachusetts, Suffolk. Draft Board Division 25. Roll 1684680, "Serial# n/a, Order# 112, George Arthur Sackett, of Revere, Mass, Age 21, b. Revere, 12 Oct 1896, white, native born, emp. Goodyear Fire & Rubber Co, place of emp. Akron, OH, nearest Relative: Father G.R. Sackett, of Revere, Mass. Registrant: Med ht, Med build, Eyes brown, hair black, no disability. Reg Winthrop, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, 1 Jun 1918."
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, Revere City Directory, 1919, 1922, "Sackett George A. chemical eng, bds 45 Barrett."; 1925, "Sackett George A. chemical eng, res 45 Barrett."
- 1920 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: T625_1437; Page: 12A; Enumeration District: 120
Akron, Summit County, Ohio
Sackett, George A, lodger, 23, single, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, laborer, rubber factory
[Lodging with 50+ others, many working in the rubber factory].
- "New York Passenger Lists, 1925–1957", digital image, FamilySearch, SS President Van Buren, from Marseilles, France, 6 Jul 1932, arrived New York, 18 Jul 1932, "Sackett, George, 35y 9m, married, b. Revere, Mass, 12 Oct 1896, res. 45 Barrett St, Revere, Mass; Sackett, Marie, 34y 10m, married, b. Buffalo, NY, 19 Sep 1897, res. 45 Barrett St."
- "US World War II draft registration cards, 1942", digital image, FamilySearch, "Serial U820, George Arthur Sackett, 615 Roslyn ave, Akron, Summit County, OH, age 45, b. Revere, MA, 12 Oct 1896, contact wife Marie Sackett, same address, emp. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co, Akron, race white, ht 68", wt 185, eyes brown, hair black/gray, complexion light. Reg. Akron, Ohio, 26 Apr 1942."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 64013|
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||24 Dec 2018|