Oral Don Sackett
|Father||Samuel Arthur Sackett (1841-1932)|
|Mother||Mary Peterson (1860-1931)|
In 1910 Oral was living in Box ElderG in the household of his parents Samuel and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Orrel D Sackett, aged nine and born in Utah.7
In 1920 he was living at Acad Avenue, Provo, Utah County, UtahG, in the household of his parents Samuel and Mary, and was recorded as Oral D Sackett, aged 17.8
In 1930 he was living in Heber, Wasatch County, UtahG, and was recorded as Don Sackett, a timberman at a silver mine, head of household, aged 28. He owned his home. His wife Ruby, 29, was living with him.9
Oral completed a World War II draft registration card in 1942. He was aged 40 and was employed by Silver King Mines. He was living in Midway, Wasatch County, UtahG, with his wife Leola.10
Oral Don was listed in the Orem, Utah, City Directory from 1946, when he was a farmer. From the 1950s he was a steel worker.11
Children of Oral Don Sackett and Leola Kohler
Orel Don Sackett
OREM – Orel Don Sackett, 71, died Aug. 4 in a Provo hospital of natural causes.
Born March 28, 1902, in Brigham City to Samuel Arthur and Mary Peterson Sackett. Married Ruby Wright, 1927. She died in 1931. Married Leola Kohler, Noveber, 1933, in Salt Lake City. Marriage later solemnized in Salt Lake Temple. Employee of Geneva Plant of U.S. Steel 22 years. High priest.
Survivors: widow, son, daughters; Ervin, Mrs. John (Marie) Carr, bothe Granger; Mrs. Joet (Ruby) Salazar, Taylorsville; Mrs. Merrill (Louise) Nelson, Hunter; brothers, sisters, Orvil, William, Mrs. Henry O. (Ella) Jonson, all Brigham City; Mrs. Julia Jones, Orem; Mrs. Theron (Ruby) Ockey, Salt Lake City; 19 grandchildren.
Funeral Tuesday, 1 p.m., Orem 43rd Ward Chapel, 1090 N. 400 East, Friends Call Sundberg Otpin Mortuary Monday 7–9 p.m. and at church Tuesday hour before service. Burial Charleston, Wasatch County, Cemetery.
—Find A Grave, The Salt Lake Tribune, 5 Aug 1973, p C23.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 23702|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Death record.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "Oral Sackett, b. Mar 28, 1902, d. Aug, 1973, SSN 528-07-1975 issued UT, residence Orem, Utah, 84057, county Utah."
- "Utah, County Marriages, 1887–1937", database, Ancestry.com, "27 May 1927, Salt Lake City, Utah, Don Sackett, 25, single, b. Brigham City, 28 Mar 1902, father Sam A Sackett, mother C M Peterson; and Ruby Wright, 27, single, b. Charleston, Utah, 6 May 1900, father Geo B Wright, mother Phebe Richie."
- Marriage record.
- "Utah, Marriage Index, 1887–1985", database, Ancestry.com, "10 Nov 1933, Salt Lake, UT, Don Sackett & Leola Hone."
- 1910 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll T624_1602, p. 23A, Enumeration District 0006, FHL microfilm 1375615
Box Elder, Box Elder County, Utah, 22 Apr 1910
Sackett, Samuel A, head, 68, m2. 32y, b. IL, father b. OH, mother b. England, carpenter, house, home owned on mortgage
Sackett, Mary, wife, 49, m1. 32y, 16ch, 10 living, b. UT, father b. Denmark, mother b. Denmark
Sackett, Estress M, son, 25, single, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. UT, carpenter, house
Sackett, Harry L, son, 17, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. UT, farm laborer, home farm
Sackett, Ephraim A, son, 15, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. UT, farm laborer, home farm
Sackett, Golden N, son, 12, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. UT
Sackett, Ervin A, son, 10, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. UT
Sackett, Orrel D, son, 9, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. UT.
- 1920 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll T625_1868, p. 2B, Enumeration District 209, Image 748
Acad Ave, Provo Ward 5, Utah County, Utah, 3 Jan 1920
Sackett, Samuel A, head, home owned on mortgage, age 78, b. IL, father b. OH, mother b. England, occ none
Sackett, Mary, wife, 59, b. UT, father b. Denmark, mother b. Denmark
Sackett, Oral D, son, 17, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. UT, occ none
Hudson, Anetta, dau, 42, divorced, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. UT, dressmaking, at home, own account.
- 1930 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Page: 11B; Enumeration District: 0005; FHL microfilm: 2342158
Heber, Wasatch County, Utah, 14 Apr 1930
Sackett, Don, head, home owned, $1,000, 28, m. at 25, b. UT, father b. IA, mother b. UT, timberman, silver mine
Sackett, Ruby W, wife, 29, m. at 26, b. UT, father b. UT, mother b. UT.
- "U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940–1947", database, Ancestry.com, "Oral Don Sackett, 40, b. Brigham City, Box Elder, Utah, 28 Mar 1902, res. Midway, Wasatch County, Utah, emp. Silver King Mines Co, wt 192, complexion light brown, eyes blue, hair brown, ht 5' 9", nok Leola K Sackett. Reg 1942."
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, Orem, Utah, City Directory, 1946, "Sackett O Don (Leola K) farmer RD 1 Box 52."; 1955, "Sackett Donald (Leola K) emp Geneva Steel h834 N 350 East."; 1958, 1959, "Sackett Oral D (Leola) steel wkr Geneva Steel h834 N 350 East."
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||30 September 2019|