Thomas Francis Sackett
|Father||Thomas Francis Sackett (1819-)|
|Mother||Phillis Elizabeth (Curry) Moore (c 1836-1915)|
In 1881 Thomas was living at 47 Benledi Street, London, MiddlesexG, and was recorded in the census as Thomas Sackett, a general labourer, aged 17 and born in Rotherhithe, in the household of his father Thomas Sackett.9
In 1901 he was living at 22 Woodstock Street, West HamG, and was recorded as Thomas Sackett, head of household, dock labourer, a widower aged 31 and born in Deptford, London. Living with him were his widowed mother Phillis, his son Daniel aged 4, and a niece and nephew Elizabeth and George Moore.10
In 1911 he was living at 76 Clifton Road, Canning Town, West Ham, EssexG, and was recorded as Thomas Sackett, a dock labourer, head of household, aged 45 and born in Rotherhithe. Living with him was his second wife, Sarah, 43, his son Daniel, 14, from his first marriage, and Sarah's children, James, 19, John, 13, and Ellen J, 12, from her first marriage. Also in the household was a male boarder.11
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Thomas and Sarah were living at 80 York Road, Southend-on-Sea, EssexG. Thomas was a retired dock labourer.12
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1865. Sackett, Thomas Francis. Mother: Currie. Rotherhithe. 1d:636."
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1885. Sackett, Thomas Francis. Stepney. 1c:786."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1885. Barnett, Margaret. Stepney. 1c:786."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1899. Sackett, Margaret, 32. West Ham."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1906. Sackett, Thomas. W. Ham. 4a:561."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1906. Hyslop, Sarah. W. Ham. 4a:561."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341112, PRO RG11/0503/127/40
47 Benledi St
Thomas SACKETT, head, married, 56, b. Bermondsey, Surrey, shipwright
Phillis SACKETT, wife, 45, b. London, At Sea [Birthplace: London, At Sea]
Henry SACKETT, son, unmarried, 24, b. Bermondsey, Surrey, chemical works labourer(manuf chem)
Thomas SACKETT, son, unmarried, 17, b. Rotherhithe, Surrey, general labr
Phillis SACKETT, dau, 4, b. Poplar, Middlesex
Joseph MOORE, stepson, widower, 26, b. Finsbury, Middlesex, shipwright
Henry MOORE, stepson, unmarried, 19, b. Walworth, Surrey, painters labourer
Ann MOORE, gdau, 2, b. Poplar
Mary A. HAMBROCK, boarder, unmarried, 17, b. Poplar, shell worker (...).
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 1585/21v
West Ham, Essex
22 Woodstock Street, West Ham (Holy Trinity) (3 rooms)
Thomas SACKET, head, widower, 31, dock labourer, worker, b. Deptford, London
Phillis SACKETT, mother, widow, 63, b. Canning Town, Essex
Daniel SACKET, son, 4, b. Canning Town
Elizabeth MOORE, niece, 16, domestic servant, worker, b. Poplar
George MOORE, nephew, 14, van guard, worker, b. Poplar.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 76 Clifton Rd, Canning Town, West Ham, Essex
Thomas Sackett, head, 45, married, dock labourer, b. Rotherhithe
Sarah Sackett, wife, 43, m. 5y, b. Limehouse
Daniel Sackett, son, 14, van boy, b. West Ham
James Hyslop, son, 19, sugar refiners, b. Custom House
John A Hyslop, son, 13, b. West Ham
Ellen J Hyslop, dau, 12, b. Custom House
James Gardner, boarder, 50, single, dock labourer, b. West Ham.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 80 York Road, Southend-on-Sea C B, Essex: RG101/1468A/005/21, Thomas Sackett, b. 24 Feb 1865, married, dock labourer (retired); RG101/1468A/005/22, Sarah Sackett, b. 20 Sep 1864, married, unpaid domestic duties.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||27 October 2018|