|Father||Thomas Francis Sackett (1865-)|
|Mother||Margaret Barnett (c 1867-1899)|
In 1901 Daniel was living at 22 Woodstock Street, West HamG, in the household of his widowed father Thomas, and was recorded in the census as Daniel Sacket, aged four and born in Canning Town.1
In 1911 he was living at 76 Clifton Road, Canning Town, West HamG, in the household of his father Thomas and stepmother Sarah, and was recorded as Daniel Sackett, a van boy, aged 14 and born in West Ham.6
Daniel served in the British Army during the First World War in the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment. He saw active service overseas but was required to return the usual Victory Medal and British Medal following desertion from the service on 7 May 1918.7,8
Children of Daniel Sackett and Clara H Grant
Notes & Citations
- 1901 England census
West Ham, Essex
22 Woodstock Street, West Ham (Holy Trinity) (3 rooms)
Thomas SACKET, head, widower, 31, dock labourer, worker, b. Deptford, London
Phillis SACKETT, mother, widow, 63, b. Canning Town, Essex
Daniel SACKET, son, 4, b. Canning Town
Elizabeth MOORE, niece, 16, domestic servant, worker, b. Poplar
George MOORE, nephew, 14, van guard, worker, b. Poplar.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1896. Sackett, Daniel. Mother: Barnett. West Ham. 4a:48."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Jun qtr 1972. Sackett, Daniel, b. 1 Sep 1896. Stepney. 5E:348."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1921. Sackett, Daniel. Spouse: Grant. W. Ham. 4a:36."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1921. Grant, Clara H. Spouse: Sackett. W. Ham. 4a:36."
- 1911 England census
76 Clifton Rd, Canning Town, West Ham, Essex
Thomas Sackett, head, 45, married, dock labourer, b. Rotherhithe
Sarah Sackett, wife, 43, m. 5y, b. Limehouse
Daniel Sackett, son, 14, van boy, b. West Ham
James Hyslop, son, 19, sugar refiners, b. Custom House
John A Hyslop, son, 13, b. West Ham
Ellen J Hyslop, dau, 12, b. Custom House
James Gardner, boarder, 50, single, dock labourer, b. West Ham.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards" (Findmypast transcript).
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, Daniel, Private, Loyal North Lancashire Regiment, service no. 38505, Victory Medal, British Medal, deserted service from 7 May 1918, BW & VM ret'd. WO372/17."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||6 Aug 2022|