Mary Jane Sackett
|Father||Richard Henry Sackett (1813-1872)|
|Mother||Sarah Ann Kemp (c 1816-1889)|
In 1861 Mary was living at 200 Lower Street, Deal, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Mary J Sackett, a servant in the household of John Noble, a fruiterer, and his wife Elizabeth. Mary was unmarried, aged 19, and born in Deal, Kent.5
In 1881 Mary was living at 188 Middle Street, Deal, KentG, in the household of her husband William, a pork butcher, aged 41, and was recorded in the census as Mary A Brooksby, aged 39 and born in Canterbury, Kent. Living with them were their children, Mary A (14), and Gail H (12), both born in Deal.6
Child of Mary Jane Sackett
- Frederick William Sackett b. 1864
Children of Mary Jane Sackett and William Brooksby
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1843. Sackett, Mary Jane. Mother: Kemp. Eastry. 5:132."
- Baptisms Register, St Leonard's, Deal, Kent (Transcript), "17 September 1843 Mary Jane Sackett d. Richard Henry & Sarah Ann, Princes St., tinman."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1866. Sackett, Mary. Eastry. 2a:929."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1866. Brooksby, William. Eastry. 2a:929."
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
200 Lower Street, Deal, Kent
John Noble, head, married, 38, fruiterer, b. Deal, Kent
Elizabeth Noble, wife, 42, b. Appledore, Kent
Mary J Sackett, serv., unm., 19, b. Deal.
- 1881 England census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1341237, PRO RG11/0997/85/26
188 Middle St
William Brooksby, head, married, 41, b. Deal, Kent, pork butcher employ 1 Boy
Mary A. Brooksby, wife, 39, b. Canterbury, Kent
Mary A. Brooksby, dau, 14, b. Deal, Kent, scholar
Gail H. Brooksby, dau, 12, b. Deal, Kent, scholar.
|Last Edited||26 November 2016|