|Father||Edward Sackett (1799-1876)|
|Mother||Sarah Sage (c 1800-1880)|
In 1841 Eliza was living at Hereson Road, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, in the household of her parents Edward and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Eliza Sackett, aged five and born in Kent.5
In 1891 she was living at Crampton Hotel, 58 & 60 Harbour Street, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of her husband Robert Crampton, a hotel keeper, and was recorded as Eliza Crampton, aged 55, and born in Ramsgate. Living with them was Eliza's niece Florence, aged 17.6
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "1 May 1836 Eliza d. Edward & Sarah Sackett, Ramsgate, tailor."
- Marriages Register, St Pancras Old Church, London, Middlesex, "6 August 1855 Samuel Jakeman, full age, bachelor, law clerk, of Grafton St., & Eliza Sackett, minor, of Fitzroy St. Banns. Both signed. Fathers: Edward Jakeman, corn dealer; Edward Sackett, tailor. Banns. Witnesses: Edward Sackett, Phoebe Jakeman."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1855. Sackett, Eliza. St Pancras. 1b:83."
- Marriage to Robert Crampton based on 1891 census.
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Hereson Road, St Lawrence, Kent
Edward Sackett, 40, tailor, b. Kent
Sarah Sackett, 40, b. Kent
Edward Sackett, 9, b. Kent
Jeremiah Sackett, 7, b. Kent
Eliza Sackett, 5, b. Kent
Mary Sackett, 3, b. Kent
Ruth Sage, 23, FS, b. Kent
Mary Sage, 20, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 467; Book: 16; Civil Parish: St Lawrence; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 18; Folio: 28; Page: 25; Line: 25; GSU roll: 306862.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/730/f88
Crampton Hotel, 58 & 60, Harbour St, Ramsgate, Kent
Robert Crampton, head, married, 51, hotel keeper, b. Ramsgate
Eliza Crampton, wife, 55, b. Ramsgate
Florence Sackett, niece, 17, assistant, b. Ramsgate.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||20 Jul 2013|