Frank Edward Sackett
|Father||Edward Brewer Sackett (1808-1886)|
|Mother||Jane Bax (c 1830-1881)|
In 1871 Frank was living at 1 Blackstone Cottages, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Frank Sackett, aged two and born in St Peter's, son of Edward Sackett.10
In 1881 he was living at 7 Victoria Road, St Peter's, KentG, in the household of his parents Edward and Jane, and was recorded as Frank Sackett, a scholar, aged 12 and born in Ramsgate.11
Frank served in the Royal Highland Regiment (the Black Watch) for 12 years from 28 October 1890. He was promoted sergeant in 1897. He served in Gibraltar, Egypt, Mauritius, India, and South Africa (twice). He fought in the Second Boer War and was severely wounded at the Battle of Magersfontein in December 1899.12
In 1911 Frank's widow Ellen was living at 19 Walpole Road, Margate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Ellen Sackett, a lodging house keeper, head of household, a widow aged 40 and born in Margate. Living with her were her children, Frances, 7, and Edward, aged three.13
Children of Frank Edward Sackett and Ellen Marion Stedall
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, "15 November 1868 Frank Edward s. Edward Brewer & Jane Sackett, St Peter's, labourer, bn 10 October 1868."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1868. Sackett, Frank Edward. Mother: Bax. Thanet. 2a:835."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1907. Sackett, Frank Edward, 39. Thanet."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1902. Sackett, Frank Edward. Thanet. 2a:2171."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1902. Stedall, Ellen Marion. Thanet. 2a:2171."
- Marriages Register, St Paul's, Cliftonville, Margate, Kent, "11 October 1902, Frank Edward Sackett, 34, bachelor, house decorator, of 89 Dane Road, Margate, s. of Edward Brewer Sackett (deceased), gardener; to Ellen Marion Stedall, 32, spinster, of 12 Dane Hill, Margate, d. of James Henry Stedall (deceased), porter. Banns. Witnesses: Sidney Richard Strand, Charles William Stedall."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1950. Sackett, Ellen M, 79. Croydon."
- Isle of Thanet Gazette, (Kent), Margate Library, Kent, 11 August 1950, "Sackett, on 7th August 1950 at Thornton Heath, Surrey, Ellen Marion formerly of , passed peacefully away in her 80th year."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG19/997 f95v
1 Blackstone Cottages, St Lawrence, Kent
Edward Sackett, head, married, 63, farm labourer, b. Thanet, St Peters
Jane Sackett, wife, 42, b. Thanet, St Peter's
John Sackett, son, unmarried, 19, brickfield labourer, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Ellen Sackett, dau, 15, nursemaid, b. Kent, St Peter's
Alice Sackett, dau, 12, scholar, b. Kent, St Peter's
Margaret Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. Kent, St Peter's
Jane Sackett, dau, 7, scholar, b. Kent, St Peter's
Frank Sackett, son, 2, b. Kent, St Peter's.
- 1881 England census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, RG11, piece 991, folio 93, p. 26, GSU roll 1341236
7 Victoria Rd, St Peter, Kent
Edward Sackett, head, married, 72, labourer, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Jane Sackett, wife, 51, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Alice Sackett, dau, unm, 22, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Frank Sackett, son, 12, scholar, b. Kent, Ramsgate.
- "British Army Service Records, 1760–1915", digital image, Findmypast.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 4494, schedule 431
19 Walpole Rd, Margate, Kent
Ellen Sackett, head, 40, widow, ["m. 5y, 2 ch, both living" struck through], lodging house, b. Margate
Frances Sackett, dau, 7, b. Margate
Edward Sackett, son, 3, b. Margate.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||16 November 2016|