Edwin Robert Sackett
|Father||Robert Sackett (1814-1869)|
|Mother||Frances Young (c 1818-1882)|
In 1851 Edwin was living at 5 York St (Bartholemew Terrace), City Road, St Pancras, MiddlesexG, and was recorded in the census as Edwin Sackett, aged eight and born in Margate, Kent, the son of Robert Sackett.5
In 1861 he was living at 5 Bartholemew Terrace, St Luke's, Finsbury, London EC, MiddlesexG, in the household of his father Robert Sackett, a butcher, and was recorded as Edwin Sackett, a watchcase maker, aged 17, and born in Margate.6
In 1871 he was living at Mill House, 7 Elgar Road, Margate, KentG, in the household of his brother-in-law and sister, Frank and Emma Wrightson, and was recorded as Edwin R Sackett, a butcher, unmarried, aged 27, and born in Margate.7
Edwin's will, made at Margate, was proved at the Principal Registry on 20 December 1875. His personal estate was valued at less than £200. The sole executrix was a widow, Julia Ann Stevens, of Hoy Hotel, Margate.3
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "8 October 1843 Edwin Robert s. Robert & Frances Sackett, Margate, butcher."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1875. Sackett, Edwin Robert, 32. Thanet."
- Will of Edwin Robert Sackett of Margate, Kent, 1875?, proved at Principal Registry, 20 December 1875 (Somerset House Indexes), "Edwin Robert Sackett, Margate, Kent, cigar importer, died 1 September 1875 at Margate. Will proved Principal Registry 20 December 1875. Personal estate under £200. Sole executrix: Juila Ann Stevens, of "Hoy" Hotel, Margate, widow."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "7 September 1875 Edwin Thomas.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 5 York St. (Bartholomew Ter.), City Rd. St. Lukes, London, Middlesex
Robert Sackett, head, married, 37, butcher, b. Kent, Ash
Francis Sackett, wife, 38, b. Kent, Hastingsleigh
Emma Sackett, dau, 10, b. Kent, Margate
Edwin Sackett, son, 8, b. Kent, Margate
Robert Sackett, son, 5, b. Kent, Margate
Fanny Sackett, dau, 2, b. London, St. Lukes
- 1861 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 5 Bartholemew Terr, St Luke's, Finsbury, London EC, Middlesex
Robert Sackett, head, married, 47, butcher, b. Ash, Kent
Francis Sackett, wife, 46, b. Hastings Leigh
Emma Sackett, dau, 19, b. Margate, Kent
Edwin Sackett, son, 17, watchcase maker, b. Margate
Robert Sackett, son, 15, butcher, b. Margate
Fanny Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. St Luke's, Middlesex
Ellen Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. St Luke's
Class: RG9; Piece: 201; Folio: 5; Page: 4; GSU roll: 542591.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/993/f77v&78
Mill House, 7 Elgar Road, Margate, Kent
Frank M Wrightson, head, married, 37, miller (empl. 4 men), b. Minster, Kent
Emma Wrightson, wife, 29, b. Margate
Minnie Wrightson, dau, 5, scholar, b. Minster
Fanny Wrightson, dau, 4, b. Margate
James W Wrightson, son, 2, b. Margate
Frances N Wrightson, dau, 7 months, b. Margate
Ernest Wrightson, nephew, 2, b. Minster
Edwin R Sackett, brother[-in-law], unm., 27, butcher, b. Margate
Ester Pointer, serv., 15, servant, b. Minster
Emma Allen, aunt, married, 55, b. Hastingleigh, Kent.
|Last Edited||25 September 2019|