|Father||Thomas Sackett (1771-1840)|
|Mother||Susannah Solley (c 1778-1863)|
In 1841 Robert was living at 24 Zion Place, Margate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Robert Sackett, a butcher, aged 25 and born in Kent. Living with him were his wife Frances, 25, and their infant daughter Emma. Also in the household were Robert's mother Susanna, 60, and his brother John, 20.7,8 [ages rounded down to nearest five years]
In 1851 he was living at 5 York St (Bartholemew Terrace), City Road, St Pancras, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as Robert Sackett, head of household, a butcher, aged 37 and born in Ash, Kent. The other members of his household were his wife Frances, aged 38 and born at Hastingleigh, Kent, and his children, Emma, 10, Edwin, 8, Robert, 5, and Fanny, aged two.9
In 1861 he was living at 5 Bartholemew Terrace, St Luke's, Finsbury, London EC, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as Robert Sackett, a butcher, head of household, married, aged 47, and born in Ash, Kent. Living with him were his wife Frances, aged 46, and born in Hastingleigh, Kent, and their children, Emma, 19, Edwin, 17, Robert, 15, Fanny (recorded as 9, actually 12), and Ellen, 9.10
In 1881 Robert's widow Frances was living at 11 Ingestre Place, London, MiddlesexG, in the household of her son-in-law and daughter, Frank and Emma Worghtson [Wrightson] and their family, and was recorded in the census as Frances Sackett, formerly a butcher's wife, a widow, aged 71, and born in Kent.11
Children of Robert Sackett and Frances Young
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, Ash next Sandwich, Kent (Bishops' Transcripts 1569-1813 & Parish Register 1813-1906), "10 April 1814 Robert s. Thomas & Susannah Sackett, Ash St., father a butcher."
- Baptisms Register, St Nicholas, Ash next Sandwich, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "10 Apr 1814 Robert Sackett son of Thomas & Susannah, Ash Street, butcher."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1869. Sackett, Robert, 54. Islington."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "17 June 1840 Robert Sackett, bachelor, full age, butcher, of Zion Place, Margate, father Thomas Sackett, butcher, & Frances Young, spinster, full age, of Garlinge, father William Hazeldine Young, blacksmith. (Lic). Witnesses: Wm. Hazeldine Young, Emma Young."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1840. Sackett, Robert. Thanet. 5:505."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1882. Sackett, Frances, 73. Holborn."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 24 Zion Place, St John, Margate, Kent
Robert Sackett, 25, butcher, b. Kent 
Frances Sackett, 25, b. Kent
Susanna Sackett, 60, b. Kent
John Sackett, 20, butcher, b. Kent
Emma Sackett, ?? infant, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 468; Book: 4; Civil Parish: St John The Baptist Margate; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 13; Folio: 59; Page: 15; Line: 11; GSU roll: 306863.
- 1841 Census for England & Wales.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 5 York St. (Bartholomew Ter.), City Rd. St. Lukes, London, Middlesex
Robert Sackett, head, married, 37, butcher, b. Kent, Ash
Francis Sackett, wife, 38, b. Kent, Hastingsleigh
Emma Sackett, dau, 10, b. Kent, Margate
Edwin Sackett, son, 8, b. Kent, Margate
Robert Sackett, son, 5, b. Kent, Margate
Fanny Sackett, dau, 2, b. London, St. Lukes
- 1861 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 5 Bartholemew Terr, St Luke's, Finsbury, London EC, Middlesex
Robert Sackett, head, married, 47, butcher, b. Ash, Kent
Francis Sackett, wife, 46, b. Hastings Leigh
Emma Sackett, dau, 19, b. Margate, Kent
Edwin Sackett, son, 17, watchcase maker, b. Margate
Robert Sackett, son, 15, butcher, b. Margate
Fanny Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. St Luke's, Middlesex
Ellen Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. St Luke's
Class: RG9; Piece: 201; Folio: 5; Page: 4; GSU roll: 542591.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341028, PRO RG11/0126/11/16
11 Ingestre Place
Frank WORGHTSON, head, married, 48, b. Minster, Kent, potato dealer
Emma WORGHTSON, wife, 39, b. Margate, Kent
Minnie WORGHTSON, dau, 15, b. Minster, dressmakers apprentice
Fanny WORGHTSON, dau, 14, b. Margate, scholar
James WORGHTSON, son, 12, b. Margate, scholar
Frederick WORGHTSON, son, 6, b. Mitcham, Surrey, scholar
Leonard WORGHTSON, son, 3 months, b. Westminster, Middlesex
Frances SACKETT, visitor, widow, 71, b. Kent, formerly butchers wife.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Sep 2013|