Samuel Jefferson Sackett
|Father||Samuel Jefferson Sackett (1849-1889)|
|Mother||Emma Melville (1855-1923)|
Samuel completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was aged 36 and was living at 1220 St Paul, Denver, ColoradoG, with his wife Hazel. He was a self-employed attorney in Denver.5
In 1920 Samuel was living at St Paul Street, Denver, ColoradoG, and was recorded in the census as Samuel J Sackett, a lawyer in general practice, head of household, aged 37 and born in Kansas. He owned his home on a mortgage. Living with him were his wife Hazel, 36, and their daughter Elizabeth, aged eight.6
In 1930 he was living in Evanston, Cook County, IllinoisG, and was recorded as Samuel J Sackett, a lawyer, head of household, aged 48. He owned his home. Living with him were his wife
Hazel, 47, and their daughter Elizabeth, aged 19. They employed a maid in the household.7
Child of Samuel Jefferson Sackett and Hazel Shelton Reid
- Elizabeth Reid Sackett+ b. 17 Feb 1911, d. 1 Nov 1982
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- "Social Security Death Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Samuel Sackett, b. 23 Jan 1882, d. Sep 1967, SSN issued Illinois (1954–1955), last res: 77052 Houston, Harris, Texas."
- "Social Security Death Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Samuel Sackett, b. 23 Jan 1882, d. Sep 1967, last res. 77052 Houston, Harris, Texas, SSN issued Illinois (1954–1955)."
- Thurmon King's database.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, Colorado, Denver. Roll 1561841; Draft Board 5.
"Samuel Jefferson Sackett, 1220 St Paul, Denver, Colo, age 36, b. 23 Jan 1882, White, Native Born Citizen, Attorney at Law, self-employed, at 919 Foster Bldg, Denver, Colo, nok Mrs Hazel Reid Sackett (wife), 1220 St Paul, Denver, Colo. Height: Tall, Build: Medium, Color of Eyes: Brown, Color of Hair: dark gray, no disabilities. Registration: Denver, Colo, Sept 12, 1918."
- 1920 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: T625_162; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 268; Image: 688
St Paul Street, Denver City, Denver County, Colorado, 3/5 Jan 1920
Sackett, Samuel J, head, home owned on mortgage, 37, b. KS, father b. MI, mother b. MI, lawyer, general practice, employer
Sackett, Hazel, wife, 36, b. IL, father b. IL, mother b. IL
Sackett, Elizabeth, dau, 8, b. CO, father b. KS, mother b. IL.
- 1930 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: 500; Page: 35B; Enumeration District: 2140; Image: 527.0; FHL microfilm: 2340235
Evanston, Cook County, Illinois
Sackett, Samuel J, head, home owned, $80,000, 48, m. at 25, b. KS, father b. MI, mother b. MI, lawyer, genl practice
Sackett, Helen? R, wife, 47, m. at 24, b. IL, father b. IL, mother b. IL
Sackett, Elizabeth R, dau, 19, single, b. CO, father b. KS, mother b. IL
Norkoisa, Svea H, maid, 24, single, b. Sweden, father b. Sweden, mother b. Sweden, maid, private house.
|Last Edited||15 Jun 2016|