Minnie B Sargent
|Father||Irving P Sargent (1834-1908)|
|Mother||Sarah J Sackett (c 1846-1882)|
In 1870 Minnie was living in Goffstown, Hillsborough County, New HampshireG, in the household of her parents Irving and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Armina B Sargent, aged three and born in New Hampshire.4
In 1880 she was living in Manchester, Hillsborough County, New HampshireG, in the household of her parents Irving and Sarah, and was recorded (wrongly) as "Martin B Sargent, son", at school, aged 13 and born in New Haven.5
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Website New Hampshire Births and Christenings 1714–1904 (Family Search) (http://pilot.familysearch.org/), "27 Jan 1866, at Goffstown, Hillsborough, New Hampshire, female Sargent, d. Erwin P Sargent & Sarah."
- Website Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), Sargent, Minnie B., 1882, Lowell, v335, p135, Marriage
"1882 June 13, Fred D Hooper, of Manchester NH, 22, manufacturer, [birthplace blank], s. Thomas M & Sarah F; and Minnie B Sargent, [ditto mark would indicate of Manchester NH, but a cross is written at each end and just below the line perhaps suggesting that this was not so], 18, at home, b. NH, d. Irving P & Sarah J; both first m., by [too faint to read]."
- Minnie would have been 16, not 18, at marriage.
- 1870 US Federal Census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, Goffstown, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
Page No. 34; 20 August, 1870; Post Office: Goffstown, NH
Sargent, Irving P., 35, M, W, Farmer, NH
Sargent, Sarah J., 23, F, W, Keeping House, New York
Sargent, Frank A., 9, M, W, ---, NH
Sargent, Armina B., 3, F, W, ---, NH.
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL film 1254763, p30C, image 0061 (Ancestry.com image)
Manchester, Hillsboro County, New Hampshire
Sargent, Irving, 43, married, labour, b. NH, father b. NH, mother b. NH
Sargent, Sarah J., 33, wife, housekeeping, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Sargent, Frank A., 19, son, single, sick, consumption, b. NH, father b. NH, mother b. NY
Sargent, Martin B., male, 13, son, at school, b. NH, father b. NH, mother b. NY
Sargent, Geo A., 8, son, at school, b. NH, father b. NH, mother b. NY
[9 male boarders, stone masons & laborers]
[female boarder, housework]
Sargent, Mary, 41, boarder, housework, b. NH, father b. NH, mother b. NH.
[4 boarders: Gordon, Leonard, machinist, + wife & 2 young children]
|Last Edited||6 September 2010|