Alfred Granville Smith
|Father||Alfred William Smith (1853-1929)|
|Mother||Katherine Sackett (1852-1907)|
In 1891 Alfred was living at 6 Myrtle Terrace, Canterbury, KentG, in the household of his parents Alfred and Katherine, and was recorded in the census as Alfred G Smith, a scholar, aged eight and born in Ash.8
In 1901 he was living at 10 Burrow Road, Folkestone, KentG, in the household of his brother Francis and sister-in-law Florence, and was recorded as Alfred G Smith, a solicitor's clerk, aged 18.9
In 1911 he was living at 13 West Street, Blue Town, Sheerness, KentG, and was recorded as Alfred Granville Smith, a coal merchant, remover, and general carrier, head of household, aged 28. Living with him were his wife Eveland, 30, and their daughter Lucy, aged one. Also in the household was Eveland's unmarried sister Frances, 31.10
Children of Alfred Granville Smith and Eveland Cruttenden
- Lucy Katherine Smith b. c 1910
- Fredrick James Smith b. 1912, d. 1986
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1882. Smith, Alfred Granville. Mother: Sackett. Eastry. 2a:932."
- "Christ Church, Ramsgate, Kent, baptisms register", digital image, Findmypast, "2 Jul 1882, Alfred Granville Smith, son of Alfred William Smith & Katherine, of Ash-next-Sandwich, father an officer of Inland Revenue."
- Website England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837–1915 (Ancestry.com), "Jun qtr 1963. Smith, Alfred G, 81. Sheppey. 5b:692."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (Findmypast), "Jun qtr 1908. Smith, Alfred Granville. Battle. 2b:106."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (Findmypast), "Jun qtr 1908. Cruttenden, Eveland. Battle. 2b:106."
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 708, folio 95, p. 21, GSU roll 6095818.
6 Myrtle Ter, St Peter's, Canterbury, Kent
Alfred Wm Smith, head, married, 37, photographer, employer, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Catherine Smith, wife, 39, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Francis S Smith, son, 14, tin plate worker, b. Northampton
Isabel E Smith, dau, 13, general servant (domestic), b. Kent, Ramsgate
Ethel C Smith, dau, 12, scholar, b. Kent, Canterbury
Frances G Smith, dau, 11, scholar, b. Kent, Canterbury
Bessie M Smith, dau, 9, scholar, b. Kent, Ash
Alfred G Smith, son, 8, scholar, b. Kent, Ash
Fred W Smith, son, 7, scholar, b. Kent, Ash
George C Smith, son, 3, b. Kent, Canterbury
Doris A Smith, dau, 1, b. Kent, Canterbury.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG13, Piece 846, Folio 42, p. 2
10 Burrow Rd, Folkestone, Kent
Francis S Smith, head, 24, police constable, b. Northants, Northampton
Florence A Smith, wife, 28, b. Harbledown, Kent
Alfred G Smith, brother, 18, solicitor's clerk, b. Ash, Kent
George C Smith, brother, 13, office boy, b. Canterbury, Kent.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 4463, schedule 109
13 West St, Blue Town, Sheerness, Kent
Alfred Granville Smith, head, 28, married, coal merchant, remover, general carrier, employer, b. Ash-next-Sandwich, Kent
Eveland Smith, wife, 30, m. 3y, 1 ch, living, b. St Leonards, Sussex
Lucy Katherine Smith, dau, 1, b. Sheerness, Sheppey
Frances Grace Smith, sister, 31, single, b. Canterbury, Kent.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||12 Nov 2016|