Erastus Sacket Jr
|Father||Erastus Sacket (1721-c 1810)|
|Mother||Elisabeth Leonard (1730-1816)|
Erastus served in the American Revolutionary War.6
Erastus was included in a 1786 census of Pittsfield householders; his father Erastus was also listed.8
In 1790 Erastus was living in Pittsfield, Berkshire County, MassachusettsG. In his household were one man and six females, presumably his wife Sarah and five of their daughters.9
Erastus was appointed joint administrator, with his daughter Beulah, of the estate of Beulah's husband Jonathan Davis who died intestate in Otsego County, New York, in about 1811.10
Children of Erastus Sacket Jr and Sarah ___
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Cooke, Pittsfield Families Vol 9, Page 116.
- Vital Records, Springfield, Massachusetts, to 1850, Book 2, Births, 1728–1772, "Erastus Sackett Son of Erastus Sackett & Elizabeth Sackett of Springfield was born July 29th anno: Dom. 1750."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1750 Sacket, Erastus s. Erastus & ---, Sept. 9."
- Cooke Collection of Massachusetts Genealogical Records, 1:293, Pittsfield Sun, 3 Oct 1838, "Died. This town, Sep 28, Mr Erastus Sackett."
- Cooke Collection of Massachusetts Genealogical Records, 3:12, Record of Revolutionary Soldiers of Berkshire County, Berkshire County Chapter of the State Society of Sons of the American Revolution, "Sackett, Erastus, b. 1750, d. Pittsfield, Sept. 28, 1838, ae 88, son of Erastus and Elizabeth (Chaffee) Sackett. He was buried in Terrace Grove, in Pittsfield Cemetery. Grave has marker. His wife, Sarah, d. April 30, 1833, ae 75."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Cooke Collection of Massachusetts Genealogical Records, 26:375, records of First Church of Christ, Pittsfield, [1786 census] Ares. Sackett [next line] Ar. Sackett Junr."
- 1790 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Erastus Sacket, Jun. Pittsfield, Berkshire, MA. 1 white male (16+) and 6 white females.
- "New York Probate Records", digital image, FamilySearch.
|Last Edited||29 August 2019|