Arthur Russell Sackett
|Father||Orange E Sackett1 (1841-1928)|
|Mother||Emma Susan Chesley1 (c 1850-1911)|
In 1880 Arthur was living in Illini, Macon County, IllinoisG, in the household of his parents Orange and Emma, and was recorded in the census as Arthur Sackett, aged four and born in Illinois.1
In 1885 he was living in Wyandotte County, KansasG, in the household of his parents Orange and Emma, and was recorded as Arthur R Sackett, aged nine and born in Illinois.9
In 1910 he was living at Post Street, Salt Lake CityG, and was recorded as Arthur Sackett, a teamster, head of household, aged 39. Living with him were his wife Sarah, 45, their son Arthur, aged four, and Sarah's son Burtum, 28, by her first marriage. Also in the household were a female servant, and male boarder.10
Arthur completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was then aged 43 and was an electrician at the Utah Copper Company. He was living at 340 Post Street, Salt Lake City, UtahG, with his wife Sarah.3
Child of Arthur Russell Sackett and Sarah Jane Crowther
- Arthur Sackett b. c 1905
Notes & Citations
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, NA T9-0229/467B
Illini, Macon, Illinois
Orange E. SACKETT, head, male, married, 38, b. OH, farmer, father b. CT, mother b. CT
Emma S. SACKETT, wife, 29, b. NH, keeping house, father b. NH, mother b. NH
Lizzie SACKETT, dau, 6, b. IL, father b. OH, mother b. NH
Arthur SACKETT, son, 4, b. IL, father b. OH, mother b. NH
Raymond SACKETT, son, 3, b. IL, father b. OH, mother b. NH
Dwight SACKETT, son, 9 months, b. IL, father b. OH, mother b. NH
Eleazer SACKETT, father, married, 78, b. CT, farmer home, father b. CT, mother b. CT
Patty SACKETT, mother, married, 76, b. CT, home here, father b. CT, mother b. CT
Henrietta HULSEBUS, other, single, 19, b. Hanover, servant, father b. Hanover, mother b. Hanover
Morgan BURROWS, other, male, single, 19, b. IL, works on farm, father b. IL, mother b. IL
William P. COLLIER, other, single, 21, b. MI, works on farm, father b. TN, mother b. AL
Thomas MEILHEM, other, single, 18, b. IL, works on farm, father b. VA, mother b. IL.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, Utah, Salt Lake City. Draft Division# 3 Roll# 1983913.
"Serial# 1787 Order# A1899, Arthur Russell Sackett, 340 Post St Salt Lake City Utah, Age: 43, b. 21 Aug 1875, white, native born, electrician at Utah Copper Co, nearest relative: Sarah Sackett, 340 Post St Salt Lake City Utah, Registrant: Tall Ht, Slender Build, eyes blue, hair brown, no disabilities, Reg: 12 Sep 1918 at Salt Lake City Utah."
- Death record.
- "Utah, Death and Military Death Certificates, 1904–1961", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Arthur Russell Sackett, d. at Warm Springs, Salt Lake City, 30 Nov 1924, res. 340 Post St, res. SLC 25 yrs, b. Warrensburg, Illinois, 21 Aug 1875, age 49-3-9, pipe fitter, widowed, wife Jane Crowther Sackett, father Orange E Sackett b. Ohio, mother Emma Chesley b. New Hampshire, informant Arthur Sackett, 340 Post Street, death caused by accidental drowning Warm Springs, bur. City Cemetery, 5 Dec 1924."
- "Utah Cemetery Inventory", database, Ancestry.com, "Arthur Russell Sackett, b. 1875, d. Salt Lake City, 5 Dec 1924, Salt Lake City Cemetery, source: Sexton Records, D-11-16-1-E-C2RD."
- "Utah Marriages, 1887–1966", database, FamilySearch, "15 Aug 1898, at Tooele, Utah, A R Sackett, 24, and Miss Janie Crowther, 27."
- "Utah, Death and Military Death Certificates, 1904–1961", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sarah Jane Sackett, d. at LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, 2 Nov 1922, res. 340 Post, res. in SLC 57-11-3, b. Salt Lake City, 29 Nov 1864, age 57-11-3, housewife, married, spouse Arthur R Sackett, father William J Crowther b. South Wales, mother Ann Harman b. South Wales, informant Arthur R Sackett, cause chronic nephritis, chronic myocarditis, bur. City Cem, 5 Nov 1922."
- 1885 Kansas state census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: KS1885_144; Line: 19
Sackett, Orange E, 43, agricultural implements agent, b. OH, military: Corporal, enlisted Il, company A, 114 regiment
Sackett, Emma S, 34, school teacher, b. NH
Sackett, Lizzie K, 11, b. IL
Sackett, Arthur R, 9, b. IL
Sackett, Raymond C, 7, b. IL
Sackett, Dwight O, 5, b. IL.
- 1910 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: T624_1606; Page: 20B; Enumeration District: 0116; FHL microfilm: 1375619
Post Street, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah, 2 May 1910
Sackett, Arthur, head, 39, m1. 11y, b. UT, father b. CO, mother b. UT, teamster, own team, home owned
Sackett, Sarah J, wife, 45, m2. 11y, b. UT, father b. Wales, mother b. Wales
Sackett, Arthur, son, 4, b. UT, father b. UT, mother b. UT
Gurner, Burtum, stepson, 28, single, b. UT, father b. Germany, mother b. Germany, laborer, Fire Dept
Himes, Nellie, servant, 25, m1. 6y, 2 ch, 1 living, b. UT, father b. PA, mother b. England, servant, private
Moser, George A, boarder, 28, single, b. UT, father b. PA, mother b. UT, car repairer, railroad.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||30 Jun 2017|