Thomas Frederick Sackett
|Father||John Sackett (say 1840-)|
In 1911 Thomas was living at 3 Old Castle Street, Whitechapel, LondonG, and was recorded in the census as Thomas Sackett, a contractor's carman, head of household, aged 38 and born in Whitechapel. Living with him were his wife Mary, 29, and their children, Georgina, 4, and Thomas, aged one.7
Thomas joined the National Union of Railwaymen at Poplar, LondonG, on 21 February 1919 and worked as a platelayer on the Great Eastern Railway.8
Thomas died intestate. Administration of his estate was granted in LondonG on 28 April 1922 to his widow Mary Ann. His estate was valued at £70. His last address was 22 Old Castle Street, Aldgate, London.9
Children of Thomas Frederick Sackett and Mary Ann Fuller
Notes & Citations
- Birth record not found.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1922. Sackett, Thomas F, 43. Whitechapel."
- The typed GRO index states his age at 43; according to his age at marriage and on the census he would have been about 49.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1906. Sackett, Thomas Frederick. Whitechapel. 1c:447."
- Marriages Register, St Jude, Whitechapel, London, "Xmas Day 1906, Thomas Frederick Sackett, 34, bachelor, labourer, of 3 Old Castle Street, father: John Sackett, stoker (deceased), & Mary Ann Fuller, 25, spinster, of 3 Old Castle Street, father: George Fuller, scaffolder (deceased). Banns. Witnesses: G Fuller, Sophia Fuller."
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 3 Old Castle St, Whitechapel, London E
Thomas Sackett, head, 38, married, contractor's carman, worker, b. London, Whitechapel
Mary Sackett, wife, 29, m. 4y, 2 ch, both living, b. Essex, Stratford
Thomas Sackett, son, 1, b. London, Whitechapel
Georgina Sackett, dau, 4, b. London, Whitechapel.
- "Britain, Trade Union membership registers", digital image, Findmypast, "Sackett, Thomas F, admitted National Union of Railwaymen, Poplar 1 branch, 21 Feb 1919, age 44, platelayer, railway GE, died Mar 1922."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Thomas Frederick of 22 Old Castle-street Aldgate Middlesex died 10 March 1922 at the London Hospital Whitechapel Middlesex Administration London 28 April to Mary Ann Sackett widow. Effects £70 15s."
|Last Edited||17 Mar 2016|