Beatrice Louise Sackett-Pearce
|Father||George Watson Pearce (1851-1881)|
|Mother||Emma Hannah Sackett (1854-)|
In 1881 Beatrice was living at 10 Sparrow Castle, MargateG, in the household of her parents George and Emma, and was recorded in the census as Louisa Pierce, a schoolgirl, aged eight and born in Margate.10
In 1901 she was living at 21 Setterfield Road, MargateG, in the household of her husband William, 28, a paperhanger and painter, and was recorded as Beatrice Louise Robinson, aged 28 and born in Margate. Living with them were their children, John, 4, George, 2, and Edward, aged two months. Also in the household was Beatrice's half-sister Katherine Read, 12.11
In 1911 she was living at 29 Marine Terrace, MargateG, in the household of her husband William, 38, a house decorator, and was recorded as Beatrice Louise Robinson, aged 38 and born in Margate. Living with them were their children, John, 14, George, 12, Edward, 10, and Dorothy, aged seven. Also in the household were Beatrice's half-sister Ellen May Read, 23, a visitor Maria Isobel David, 56, and a boarder John Warburton West, 30.12
Children of Beatrice Louise Sackett-Pearce and William Robert Robinson
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|See also||Beatrice Louise Sackett gallery.|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1872. Sackett, Beatrice Louise. [Mother not named: assume registered in mother's surname.] Thanet. 2a:795."
- Email from Neil Alderman to Chris Sackett, July 2013.
- Copy birth certificate of Beatrice Louisa Sackett, born 4 October 1872, registered in the Registration District of Minster, Thanet, Kent, "4 Oct 1872, at Union Workhouse, Minster, Beatrice Louisa, mother Emma Sackett, of Union Workhouse, Minster. Reg. 9 Oct 1872."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Dec qtr 1952. Robinson, Beatrice L, 81. 5b:825."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (Findmypast), "Mar qtr 1896. Pearce, Beatrice Louisa S. Thanet. 2a:1090."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (Findmypast), "Mar qtr 1896. Robinson, William Robert. Thanet. 2a:1090."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "2 Feb 1896, William Robert Robinson, 23, bachelor, cabinet maker, of 29 Marine Terrace, Margate, father Edward Robinson, cabinet maker; to Beatrice Louisa Sackett Pearce, 23, spinster, of 12 Milton Road, Margate, father George Pearce (deceased), farm labourer. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: George Pearce, Clara Harriett Robinson."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Sep qtr 1939. Robinson, William R, 66. Thanet. 2a:1683."
- 1881 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG11, piece 984, folio 74, p. 21, GSU roll 1341234
10 Sparrow Castle, Margate, Kent
George W Pierce, head, married, 30, general labourer, b. Margate
Emma Pierce, wife, 30, b. Margate
Louisa Pierce, dau, 8, scholar, b. Margate
Ada M Pierce, dau, 6, scholar, b. Margate
George W Pierce, son, 3, b. Margate
William H Pierce, son, 1, b. Margate.
- 1901 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Piece 821, folio 63, p. 10
21 Setterfield Rd, Margate, Kent
William Robt Robinson, head, married, 28, paperhanger & painter, worker, b. Margate
Beatrice Louise Robinson, wife, 28, b. Margate
John William Robinson, son, 4, b. Margate
George Edward Robinson, son, 2, b. Margate
Edward Aaron Robinson, son, 2 months, b. Margate
Katherine E Read, stepsister, 12, b. Margate.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 4488
29 Marine Terrace, Margate, Kent
William Robert Robinson, head, 38, married, decorator (house), worker, b. Margate
Beatrice Louis [sic] Robinson, wife, 38, m. 15y, 4 ch, all living, b. Margate
John William Robinson, son, 14, school, b. Margate
George Edward Robinson, son, 12, school, b. Margate
Edward Aaron Robinson, son, 10, school, b. Margate
Dorothy Beatrice Louis [sic] Robinson, dau, 7, school, b. Margate
Ellen May Read, sister, 23, single, housekeeper, b. Margate
Maria Isobel David, visitor, 56, married, private means, b. Cockermouth, Cumberland
John Warburton West, boarder, 30, single, schoolmaster (assistant), b. Dublin, Ireland.
|Last Edited||10 May 2020|