Emma Hannah Sackett
|Father||George Sackett (1827-1858)|
|Mother||Emma Boreman (c 1831-)|
In 1861 Emma was living at Coldharbour Square, Canterbury, KentG, in the household of her widowed mother Emma, and was recorded in the census as Emma Sackett, aged six and born in Margate.9
In 1881 she was living at 10 Sparrow Castle, MargateG, in the household of her husband George, 30, a general labourer, and was recorded as Emma Pierce, aged 30 [sic; 26/27] and born in Margate. Living with them were their children, Louisa, 8, Ada, 6, George, 3, and William, aged one.10
In 1901 she was living at 12 Milton Road, MargateG, in the household of her second husband Thomas Read, 64, a fisherman, and was recorded as Emma Read, aged 55 and born in Margate. Living with them were their children, Nellie, 15, John, 9, Edith, 5, and Florence, aged two, and Emma's son William Pearce, 21.11
Children of Emma Hannah Sackett and George Watson Pearce
Children of Emma Hannah Sackett and Thomas Read
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1854. Sackett, Emma Hannah. Mother: Boorman. Thanet. 2a:599."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1873. Sackett, Emma. Thanet. 2a:1223."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1873. Pearce, George Watson. Thanet. 2a:1223."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1851. Pierce, George Watson. Thanet I. 5:532."
- Website England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837–1915 (Ancestry.com), "Jun qtr 1881. Pearce, George, 30. Thanet. 2a:479."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1884. Pearce, Emma. Thanet. 2a:1633."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1884. Read, Thomas. Thanet. 2a:1633."
- 1861 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Coldharbour Sq., Canterbury, Kent
Emma Sackett, head, widow, 29, charwoman, b. Canterbury
Sarah Sackett, dau, 11, b. Margate, Kent
Emma Sackett, dau, 6, b. Margate
William Baker, boarder, unm., 19, ag. lab., b. Canterbury
Class: RG9; Piece: 519; Folio: 117; Page: 12; GSU roll: 542654.
- 1881 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG11, piece 984, folio 74, p. 21, GSU roll 1341234
10 Sparrow Castle, Margate, Kent
George W Pierce, head, married, 30, general labourer, b. Margate
Emma Pierce, wife, 30, b. Margate
Louisa Pierce, dau, 8, scholar, b. Margate
Ada M Pierce, dau, 6, scholar, b. Margate
George W Pierce, son, 3, b. Margate
William H Pierce, son, 1, b. Margate.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG13, piece 821, folio 50, p. 37
12 Milton Rd, Margate, Kent
Thomas Read, head, married, 64, fisherman, own account, b. Kent, Bishopsbourne
Emma Read, wife, 55, b. Margate
Nellie Read, dau, 15, b. Margate
John S Read, son, 9, b. Margate
Edith Read, dau, 5, b. Margate
Florence M Read, dau, 2, b. Margate
William Pearce, stepson, single, 21, fisherman, worker, b. Margate.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||25 Nov 2016|