Emma Hannah Sackett
|Father||George Sackett (1827-1858)|
|Mother||Emma Boreman (c 1831-)|
In 1861 Emma was living at Coldharbour Square, Canterbury, KentG, in the household of her widowed mother Emma, and was recorded in the census as Emma Sackett, aged six and born in Margate.9
In 1881 she was living at 10 Sparrow Castle, MargateG, in the household of her husband George, 30, a general labourer, and was recorded as Emma Pierce, aged 30 [sic; 26/27] and born in Margate. Living with them were their children, Louisa, 8, Ada, 6, George, 3, and William, aged one.10
In 1901 she was living at 12 Milton Road, MargateG, in the household of her second husband Thomas Read, 64, a fisherman, and was recorded as Emma Read, aged 55 and born in Margate. Living with them were their children, Nellie, 15, John, 9, Edith, 5, and Florence, aged two, and Emma's son William Pearce, 21.11
Children of Emma Hannah Sackett and George Watson Pearce
Children of Emma Hannah Sackett and Thomas Read
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1854. Sackett, Emma Hannah. Mother: Boorman. Thanet. 2a:599."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1873. Sackett, Emma. Thanet. 2a:1223."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1873. Pearce, George Watson. Thanet. 2a:1223."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1851. Pierce, George Watson. Thanet I. 5:532."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837–1915" (Ancestry transcript), "Jun qtr 1881. Pearce, George, 30. Thanet. 2a:479."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1884. Pearce, Emma. Thanet. 2a:1633."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1884. Read, Thomas. Thanet. 2a:1633."
- 1861 England census
Coldharbour Sq., Canterbury, Kent
Emma Sackett, head, widow, 29, charwoman, b. Canterbury
Sarah Sackett, dau, 11, b. Margate, Kent
Emma Sackett, dau, 6, b. Margate
William Baker, boarder, unm., 19, ag. lab., b. Canterbury
Class: RG9; Piece: 519; Folio: 117; Page: 12; GSU roll: 542654.
- 1881 England census
RG11, piece 984, folio 74, p. 21, GSU roll 1341234
10 Sparrow Castle, Margate, Kent
George W Pierce, head, married, 30, general labourer, b. Margate
Emma Pierce, wife, 30, b. Margate
Louisa Pierce, dau, 8, scholar, b. Margate
Ada M Pierce, dau, 6, scholar, b. Margate
George W Pierce, son, 3, b. Margate
William H Pierce, son, 1, b. Margate.
- 1901 England census
RG13, piece 821, folio 50, p. 37
12 Milton Rd, Margate, Kent
Thomas Read, head, married, 64, fisherman, own account, b. Kent, Bishopsbourne
Emma Read, wife, 55, b. Margate
Nellie Read, dau, 15, b. Margate
John S Read, son, 9, b. Margate
Edith Read, dau, 5, b. Margate
Florence M Read, dau, 2, b. Margate
William Pearce, stepson, single, 21, fisherman, worker, b. Margate.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||25 Nov 2016|