|Father||Daniel Sackett (1777-1856)|
|Mother||Patty Brockett (c 1786-1856)|
In 1850 Ammi was living in North HavenG in the household of his parents Daniel and Patty, and was recorded in the census as Ammi Sackett, a mechanic, aged 32.5
In 1860 he was living in North HavenG in the household of his brother Harvey and and sister-in-law Patty, and was recorded as Ammi Sackett, aged 43.6
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "[Sackett], Ammi, [child of Daniel & Patty], b. Aug. 10, 1817. North Haven Vital Records, 2:28."
- Donald Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, (Online database. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2008), 1583–8.
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, unnamed newspaper, "2 Oct 1858, North Haven, Sackett, Lucretia Cooper, wife of Ammi, died 29 Sep, aged 49."
unnamed newspaper, "16 Oct 1858, North Haven, Sackett, Lucretia Cooper, wife of Ammi & dau of Levi Cooper, died 29 Sep, aged 38."
Hale transcripts give two different ages; age 38 seems the more likely given Ammi's age.
- 1850 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: M432_45; Page: 241B; Image: 482
North Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut, 25 Oct 1850
Sackett, Daniel, 72, farmer, real estate $2,000, b. CT
Marks, Susan A, 36, b. CT
Sackett, Patty, 64, b. CT
Sackett, Ammi, 32, mechanic, b. CT
Sackett, Lorenzo, 29, mechanic, b. CT
Sackett, Samuel, 26, mechanic, b. CT
Sackett, Betsey A, 22, b. CT.
- 1860 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: M653_84; Page: 257; Family History Library Film: 803084
North Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut, 9 Jun 1860
Sackett, Harvey, 46, farmer, b. CT
Sackett, Patty L, 44, b. CT
Sackett, Ellen, 19, b. CT
Sackett, Margaret, 14, b. CT
Sackett, Althea, 9, b. CT
Sackett, Ammi, 43, b. CT
[faint image, some fields illegible].
|Last Edited||1 January 2015|