Harriet Sackett Spain
|Father||George Bailey Wetherhead (c 1818-1895)|
|Mother||Susannah Ann Spain (1823-1899)|
In 1851 Harriet was living at 3 Frederick Place, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, in the household of her parents George and Susannah, and was recorded in the census as Harriet S Wetherhead, a scholar, aged six and born in Minster.8
In 1861 she was living in RamsgateG in the household of her parents George and Susannah, and was recorded as Harriet S Wetherhead, a servant, aged 17 and born in Minster.9
In 1871 she was living at Alexander Cottage, MargateG, in the household of her husband Stephen, 47, a labourer, and was recorded as Harriett Goldfinch, aged 28 and born in Margate. Living with them were Stephen's children by his first marriage, John, 16, James, 12, and Emily, aged nine, and Stephen and Harriet's children, Alfred, 4, and Caroline, aged one.10
Children of Harriet Sackett Spain and Stephen Goldfinch
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1844. Spain, Harriett Sackett. Mother: [Blank]. I of Thanet. v:471."
- Baptism, Kent (no church or town recorded) (LDS FamilySearch, England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975), "5 May 1844, Harriett Sackette Spain d. Susannah Spain."
- Website England & Wales Death Index, 1837–1915 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Dec qtr 1873. Goldfinch, Harriett Sackett, 29. Thanet. 2a:458."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "10 January 1865 Stephen Goldfinch, 39, widower, labourer, of Margate, s. James Goldfinch, mariner; & Harriet Sackett Spain [made mark], 24, spinster, of Margate, d. George Spain, tailor. Banns. Witnesses: George Goldfinch, Eliza Pearce."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1865. Spain, Harriet Sackett. Thanet. 2a:907."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1865. Goldfinch, Stephen. Thanet. 2a:907."
- 1851 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 1630, folio 178, p. 5
3 Frederick Place, St Lawrence, Kent
George Wetherhead, head, married, 32, tailor, b. Ramsgate
Susannah Wetherhead, wife, 27, b. Margate
Harriet S Wetherhead, dau, 6, scholar, b. Minster
George R Wetherhead, son, 4, b. Minster
Caroline F Wetherhead, dau, 2, b. St Lawrence.
- 1861 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG 9, piece 537, folio 16, p. 4
7 G...[indecipherable] Road (near Portland Place), Ramsgate, Kent
George B Wetherhead, head, married, 42, tailor, b. Ramsgate
Susanna A Wetherhead, wife, 38, laundress, b. Margate
Harriet S Wetherhead, dau, 17, servant, b. Minster
Caroline F Wetherhead, dau, 12, scholar, b. St Lawrence
Alfred Jas Wetherhead, son, 8, scholar, b. St Lawrence
Fanny E Wetherhead, dau, 2, b. Ramsgate.
- 1871 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG10, piece 991, folio 78, p. 47
Alexander Cottage, Margate, Kent
Stephen Goldfinch, head, married, 47, labourer, b. Margate
Harriett Goldfinch, wife, 28, b. Margate
John Goldfinch, son, 16, b. Margate
James Goldfinch, son, 12, scholar, b. Margate
Emily Goldfinch, dau, 9, scholar, b. Margate
Alfred Goldfinch, son, 4, scholar, b. Margate
Caroline Goldfinch, dau, 1, b. Margate.
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||26 November 2016|