|Father||Ezra Sackett (1782-1856)|
|Mother||Sarah "Sally" Hurd (1783-1839)|
Laura Sackett, daughter of Ezra Sackett and Sarah "Sally" Hurd, was born in Sandisfield, Berkshire County, MassachusettsG, on 15 August 1806.2,3 She died aged 60 in Pittsfield, Berkshire CountyG, on 22 November 18662 and was buried in the Pittsfield CemeteryG. She married in New Lebanon Springs, Columbia County, New York StateG, in 1830, Lester Knox, son of David Knox and Rebecca Cannon.2 Lester was born in Blandford, MassachusettsG, on 14 June 1804.2 He died aged 91 in Mason City, IowaG, on 9 March 18962 and was buried in the Elmwood Cemetery, Mason CityG.
Children of Laura Sackett and Lester Knox
- Francis M Knox b. 28 Apr 1833, d. 1 Jan 1876
- Melissa Knox b. 30 Jan 1835, d. 19 May 1836
- George F Knox b. 14 Nov 1837, d. 26 Oct 1911
- Jennie Knox b. 18 Dec 1847
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Nathaniel Foote, William Knox of Blandford, Mass.: a record of the births, marriages and deaths of some of his descendants (Rochester, N.Y.: unknown publisher, 1926), p 57, "Lester Knox, [s. David Knox & Rebecca Cannon], b. June 14, 1804 at Blandford, Mass.; d. March 9, 1896 at Mason City, Iowa; m. 1830 at New Lebanon Springs, Laura Sackett, b. Aug. 16, 1807 at Sandisfield, Mass.; d. Nov. 22, 1866 at Pittsfield, Mass."
- Website Vital Records of Sandisfield, Massachusetts, to 1850 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), "Laura, [d. Ezra Sackett & Sally], born Aug. 15, 1806."
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||1 Jan 2010|