Barton Hill Sackett
|Father||Edward Barton Sackett (1832-1918)|
|Mother||Anna K Hill (1847-1923)|
In 1900 Barton was living at Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IllinoisG, in the household of his parents Edward and Anna, and was recorded in the census as Barthon H Sackett, aged 16 and born in Illinois.11
In 1910 he was living at St Severance Avenue, ChicagoG, in the household of his parents Edward and Anna, and was recorded as Barton H Sackett, assistant manager of a hat company, aged 27.12
Barton completed a World War I draft registration card on 7 September 1918. He was then aged 35 and was manager of a Selz Schwab & Company chain store. He was living at 6145 Glenwood Avenue, Chicago, IllinoisG, with his wife Verna.13
In 1920 he was living at Glenwood Avenue, ChicagoG, and was recorded as Barton H Sackett, general manager of a shoe store, head of household, aged 37. He rented his home. Living with him were his wife Verna, 27, and their son Barton, aged five months.14
In 1928 Barton and Verna were living at 405 Woodlawn Avenue, Glencoe, ChicagoG. Barton was the secretary of the Hartman Furniture Company.15
In 1930 he was living at Woodlawn Road, Glencoe Village, New Trier, Cook County, IllinoisG, and was recorded as Barton H Sackett, secretary of a furniture corporation, head of household, aged 47. He owned his home. Living with him were his wife Verna, 37, and their children, Barton H Jr, 10, Gail, 7, and Orville, aged four. There was also a female servant in the household.16
Barton completed a World War II draft registration card on 27 April 1942. He was aged 59 and was employed at the National Bond and Investment Corporation in Chicago. He was living at 131 Elmwood Terrace, Elmhurst, DuPage County, IllinoisG, with his wife Verna.17
Children of Barton Hill Sackett and Verna Marion Darke
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "7536. Barlow [sic] Hill Sackett, b. Dec. 13, 1882."
- Chicago Tribune, Chicago, Illinois (Newspapers.com image), 26 Aug 1945, p 22, "Sackett—Barton Hill, beloved husband of Verna, nee Dark; fond father of First Lt. Barton Jr., Lt. Orville E., and Gayle Barton Sackett. Funeral at late residence, 131 Kimwood terrace, Elmhurst, Ill., Tuesday at 2 p.m. Interment Oak Woods."
- "Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916–1947" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Barton Hill, abt 1884, d. Elmhurst, DuPage, Illinois, 24 Aug 1945, age 61, spouse Verna, father Ed..Barto Sackett, mother Anna K. Hill."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Barton H, b. Chicago, Illinois, 13 Dec 1883, d. 24 Aug 1945, claim date 19 Sep 1945. 29 Jul 1977 listed as Barton H Sackett."
- "Minnesota, Marriages from the Minnesota Official Marriage System, 1850–2019" (Ancestry transcript), "19 Jun 1918, Hennepin, Minnesota, Barton H Saskett [sic] & Verna M Darke."
- Son Barton's birth record.
- Death record.
- "Social Security Death Index" (Ancestry transcript), "Verna Sackett, b. Nov 24, 1890, d. Sep, 1971, SSN 339-20-6335 issued IL, residence Thiensville, Wisconsin, 53092, county Ozaukee."
- "Wisconsin Death Index, 1959–1997" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Verna M, d. 18 Sep 1971, Milwaukee County, age 80."
- 1900 United States Federal Census
Page 3, Enumeration District 0066, FHL microfilm 1240247
Michigan Avenue, Chicago Ward 3, Cook, Illinois, 2 Jun 1900
Sackett, Edward B, head, b. May 1832, 68, m. 33y, broker, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, home owned
Sackett, Anna K, wife, b. Nov 1847, 52, m. 33y, 1 ch, living, b. WI, father b. VT, mother b. VT
Sackett, Barthon H, son, b. Dec 1883, 16, at school, b. IL, father b. NY, mother b. WI
Johnson, Martha, servant, b. May 1875, 25, servant, b. Sweden, father b. Sweden, mother b. Sweden.
- 1910 United States Federal Census
Roll T624_247, p 11A, Enumeration District 0411, FHL microfilm 1374260
St Severance Avenue, Chicago Ward 7, Cook, Illinois, 23 Apr 1910
Sackett, Edward B, head, 78, m1. 42y, dealer, real estate, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, home rented
Sackett, Anna K, wife, 63, m1. 42y, b. WI, father b. OH, mother b. VT
Sackett, Barton H, son, 27, assist manager, hat co, b. IL, father b. NY, mother b. WI.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918" (FamilySearch image), Illinois, Chicago, Cook, Roll 1494, Draft Board 56.
"Serial no. 1097, Barton Hill Sackett, of 6145 Glenwood Ave, Chicago,Cook, Ill, age 35, b. 13 Dec 1882, white, native born, mgr of chain stores, Selz Schwab & Co, 40 S. Market St, Chicago, Cook, Ill, nok: Mrs. Verna M. Sackett, 6145 Glenwood Ave, Chicago, Cook, Ill. Registrant: tall ht, med build, blue eyes, lt brown hair, no disabilities. Reg 7 Sept 1918."
- 1920 United States Federal Census
Roll T625_341, p 7B, Enumeration District 1421
Glenwood Ave., Chicago Ward 25, Cook (Chicago), Illinois, 10 Jan 1920
Sackett, Barton H, head, 37, general manager, shoe store, b. IL, father b. NY, mother b. WI, home rented
Sackett, Verna M, wife, 27, b. MN, father b. Canada, mother b. England
Sackett, Barton D, son, 5/12, b. IL, father b. IL, mother b. MN.
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995" (Ancestry image), Polk's Chicago Directory, 1928–1929, Glencoe, "Sackett Barton Hill (Verna) sect Hartman Furniture Co r 405 Woodlawn Ave ph 1164."
- 1930 United States Federal Census
Page 15A, Enumeration District 2207, FHL microfilm 2340238
Woodlawn Rd, Village of Glencoe, New Trier Township, Cook, Illinois, 12 Apr 1930
Sackett, Barton H, head, 47, m. at 36, secretary, furniture corporation, b. IL, father b. NY, mother b. WI, home owned, $25000
Sackett, Verna M, wife, 37, m. at 26, b. MN, father b. Canada, mother b. England
Sackett, Barton H Jr, son, 10, b. IL, father b. IL, mother b. MN
Sackett, Gail B, daughter, 7, b. IL, father b. IL, mother b. MN
Sackett, Orville E, son, 4, b. IL, father b. IL, mother b. MN
Hubbaur, Mary M, servant, 38, maid, private family, b. Austria, father b. Austria, mother b. Austria.
- "US World War II draft registration cards 1942" (Ancestry image), "Barton Hill Sackett, 131 Elmwood Terrace, York Twp, Elmhurst, DuPage County, Illinois, age 59, b. Chicago, Illinois, 13 Dec 1882, contact Verna M Sackett, 131 Elmwood Terrace, emp. National Bond and Investment Corp, 228 N La Salle St, Chicago, race white, ht 5' 10", eyes blue, hair gray, wt 180, complexion ruddy. Reg Elmhurst, IL, 27 Apr 1942."
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
|Last Edited||16 Nov 2022|