Walter Edwin Sackett
|Father||John William Sackett (1865-1923)|
|Mother||Jessie Parker (c 1865-1926)|
In 1901 Walter was living at 20 Werley Avenue, St Peter's, FulhamG, in the household of his parents John and Jessie, and was recorded in the census as Walter Sackett, aged three months and born in Fulham.7
In 1911 he was living at 50 Orbain Road, FulhamG, in the household of his parents John and Jessie, and was recorded as Walter Sackett, at school, aged eleven.8
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Walter was living at 5 Reporton Road, Fulham, LondonG. He was a general labourer.9 His wife Winifred was living temporarily at Park Farm, Tenterden Rural District, KentG, with her daughter, also Winifred. Both were working as seasonal hop pickers.10
Children of Walter Edwin Sackett and Winifred Vince
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1900. Sackett, Walter Edwin. Mother: Parker. Fulham. 1a:271."
- Baptisms Register, St Peter's Church, Fulham, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "7 Sep 1900 Walter Edward Sackett, b. 5 Jun 1900, s. John & Jessie Sackett, of 20 Wesley Avenue, cab driver."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "May 1989. Sackett, Walter Edwin, b. 5 Jun 1900. Fulham. 12:675:589."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1920. Sackett, Walter E. Spouse: Vince. Fulham. 1a:1078."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1920. Vince, Winifred. Spouse: Sackett. Fulham. 1a:1078."
- 1939 Register.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 54/113v
20 Werley Avenue (St Peter's)
John Sackett, head, married, 35, cab driver, worker, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Jessie Sackett, wife, 35, b. Kensington, London
Henry Sackett, son, 11, b. Fulham
Jessie Sackett, dau, 9, b. Fulham
Hilda Sackett, dau, 3, b. Fulham
Walter Sackett, son, 3 months, b. Fulham
Sarah Greenwood, visitor, married, 45, b. Brighton, Sussex
William Greenwood, visitor, married, 45, horsekeeper, worker, b. Brighton
Annie Greenwood, visitor, single, 18, charwoman, worker, b. Fulham
Charles Greenwood, visitor, 15, coal porter, worker, b. Fulham
John Greenwood, visitor, 13, b. Fulham
Mary Greenwood, visitor, 10, b. Fulham
Sidney Greenwood, visitor, 5, b. Fulham
Rosina Greenwood, visitor, 3, b. Fulham
George W Greenwood, visitor, 5 months, b. Fulham.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 286
50 Orbain Road, Fulham, London SW
John Sackett, head, 47, m. 28y, 9 ch, 3 living, cabman driver, b. Fulham
Jessie Sackett, wife, 46, b. Fulham
Alice Sackett, dau, 18, laundry, b. Fulham
Henry Sackett, son, 21, coal porter, b. Fulham
Walter Sackett, son, 11, school, b. Fulham.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 5 Reporton Road, Fulham, London: Walter Edwin Sackett, b. 5 Jun 1900, married, general labourer; & 1 closed record.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Park Farm, Hop Pickers, Tenterden R D, Kent: RG101/1856C/009/38, Winifred Sackett, b. 12 May 1898, married, domestic; RG101/1856C/009/39, Winifred M Sackett (later Bunce), b. 22 Sep 1920, single, laundress; & 3 closed records.
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||14 Dec 2020|