Edith Elizabeth Sackett
|Father||Samuel John Sackett1 (1834-1907)|
|Mother||Mary Ann Gardner1 (c 1829-1886)|
In 1871 Edith was living at 24 Saville Place, Lambeth Walk, Lambeth, SurreyG, in the household of her parents Samuel and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Edith Elizabeth Sackett, aged three, and born in Newington.6
In 1881 she was living at 20A Saville Place, LambethG, in the household of her parents Samuel and Mary, and was recorded as Edith Sackett, aged 15, and born in Lambeth.7
Notes & Citations
- 1871 Census for England & Wales.
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1866. Sackett, Edith Elizabeth. Mother: Gardner. Newington. 1d:217."
- Marriages Register, St Mary, Lambeth (Microfilm at London Metropolitan Archives), "6 December 1887 Robert Bennett, 24, bachelor, fireman, of Fire Station, Westminster, father Robert Bennett, sea captain, & Edith Elizabeth Sackett, 22, spinster, of 21 Saville Place, Lambeth, father Samuel John Sackett, bookseller. Banns. Witnesses: Saml Jno Sackett, Eliza Taser?, Maude Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1887. Sackett, Edith Elizabeth. Lambeth. 1d:780."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/657/f77
24 Saville Place, Lambeth Walk, Lambeth, Surrey
Samuel John Sackett, head, married, 37, newsagent, b. Bermondsey, Surrey
Mary Ann Sackett, wife, 41, b. Croydon?, Surrey
Mary A Sackett, dau, 13, scholar, b. Lambeth
Jane Lavinia Sackett, dau, 10, b. Newington, Surrey
Edith Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 3, b. Newington.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341134, PRO RG11/0589/83/42
20A Saville Plc
Sam J. Sackett, head, married, 48, b. Burmondsey, bookseller
Mary Ann Sackett, wife, 52, b. Surrey, bookseller
Edith Sackett, dau, 15, b. Lambeth
Maud Sackett, dau, 7, b. Lambeth, scholar
Wm. Harsley, boarder, married, 48, b. Norfolk, coach maker.
|Last Edited||22 Nov 2016|