|Father||Edward Sackett (1816-1884)|
|Mother||Louisa Pegden (c 1822-1877)|
In 1871 Emily was living at 31 & 32 Hare Street, Woolwich, KentG, in the household of her parents Edward and Louisa, and was recorded in the census as Emily Sackett, a scholar, aged 11 and born in Woolwich.5
In 1881 she was living at 31 & 32 Hare Street, Woolwich, KentG, in the household of her widowed father Edward, an ironmonger, and was recorded as Emily Sackett, unmarried, aged 20 and born in Woolwich.6
|Sackett line||Granddaughter of John Sackett|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1859. Sackett, Emily. Mother: Pegden. Greenwich. 1d:617."
- Woolwich was part of Greenwich registration district to 1868.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1881. Sackett, Emily, 22. Woolwich. 1d:714."
- Burials Register, Woolwich Cemetery, Greenwich, Kent (transcription, Deceased Online), "23 Dec 1881 Emily Sackett d. 17 Dec 1881."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/783/f8
31 & 32 Hare St, Woolwich, Kent
Edward Sackett, head, married, 55, ironmonger, b. Margate, Kent
Louisa Sackett, wife, 49, b. Margate
Louisa Sackett, dau, unm., 24, shopwoman, b. Margate
Edward Sackett, son, unm., 22, shopman, b. Margate
Julia Sackett, dau, unm., 18, b. Margate
John Sackett, son, unm., 16, shopman, b. Woolwich
Emily Sackett, dau, 11, scholar, b. Woolwich
Eleanor Sackett, dau, 10, scholar, b. Woolwich
Fanny Stevens, serv., unm., 20, domestic, b. Woolwich.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341175, PRO RG11/0746/110/3
31 & 32 Hare St
Edward Sackett, head, widower, 64, b. Margate, Kent, ironmonger
Louisa Sackett, dau, unmarried, 30, b. Margate
John Sackett, son, unmarried, 24, b. Woolwich, Kent, assistant (to ironmonger)
Emily Sackett, dau, unmarried, 20, b. Woolwich
Eleanor Sackett, dau, unmarried, 18, b. Woolwich
Mary Smith, visitor, married, 22, b. Margate
Louisa Smith, visitor, 2, b. Hitchin, Hertford
Alice Simmons, serv, unmarried, 20, b. Plumstead, Kent, dom servant.
|Last Edited||24 November 2016|