|Father||Edward Sackett (1816-1884)|
|Mother||Louisa Pegden (c 1822-1877)|
In 1851 Louisa was living at 139 High Street, St John's, Margate, KentG, in the household of her parents Edward and Louisa, and was recorded in the census as Louisa Sackett, aged four and born in Margate.6
In 1871 she was living at 31 & 32 Hare Street, Woolwich, KentG, in the household of her parents Edward and Louisa, and was recorded as Louisa Sackett, a shop woman, unmarried, aged 24, and born in Margate.7
In 1881 she was living at 31 & 32 Hare Street, Woolwich, KentG, in the household of her widowed father Edward, an ironmonger, and was recorded as Louisa Sackett, aged 30, unmarried, and born in Margate.8
Louisa was appointed an executor, with her brother Edward, of her father's will, proved on 23 August 1884.9
In 1921 she was living at 3 Russell Place, WoolwichG, and was recorded as Louisa Sackett, aged 74, a visitor in the household of Thomas Brown, tailor.10
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1846. Sackett, Louisa. Mother: Pegden. Thanet. 5:514."
- 1851 England census.
- Baptisms Register, St John in Thanet, Kent, "13 December 1846 Louisa d. Edward & Louisa Sackett, Margate, ironmonger."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1930. Sackett, Louisa, 83. Woolwich."
- Burials Register, Woolwich Cemetery, Greenwich, Kent (transcription, Deceased Online), "6 Jun 1930 Louisa Sackett d. 3 Jun 1930."
- 1851 England census
139 High St., St. Johns, Margate, Kent
Edward Sackett, head, married, 36, ironmonger, b. Kent, Margate
Louisa Sackett, wife, 29, b. Kent, Margate
Louisa Sackett, dau, 4, at home, b. Kent, Margate
Edward Sackett, son, 2, at home, b. Kent, Margate
Charlotte Denham, serv., 20, house servant, b. Kent, Margate
- 1871 England census
31 & 32 Hare St, Woolwich, Kent
Edward Sackett, head, married, 55, ironmonger, b. Margate, Kent
Louisa Sackett, wife, 49, b. Margate
Louisa Sackett, dau, unm., 24, shopwoman, b. Margate
Edward Sackett, son, unm., 22, shopman, b. Margate
Julia Sackett, dau, unm., 18, b. Margate
John Sackett, son, unm., 16, shopman, b. Woolwich
Emily Sackett, dau, 11, scholar, b. Woolwich
Eleanor Sackett, dau, 10, scholar, b. Woolwich
Fanny Stevens, serv., unm., 20, domestic, b. Woolwich.
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341175, PRO RG11/0746/110/3
31 & 32 Hare St
Edward Sackett, head, widower, 64, b. Margate, Kent, ironmonger
Louisa Sackett, dau, unmarried, 30, b. Margate
John Sackett, son, unmarried, 24, b. Woolwich, Kent, assistant (to ironmonger)
Emily Sackett, dau, unmarried, 20, b. Woolwich
Eleanor Sackett, dau, unmarried, 18, b. Woolwich
Mary Smith, visitor, married, 22, b. Margate
Louisa Smith, visitor, 2, b. Hitchin, Hertford
Alice Simmons, serv, unmarried, 20, b. Plumstead, Kent, dom servant.
- Will of Edward Sackett of Woolwich, Kent, date not known, proved at Principal Registry, 23 August 1884 (Somerset House Indexes), "Edward Sackett of 31 Hare Street, Woolwich, Kent, ironmonger, died 22 April 1884 at home. Will & codicil proved Principal Registry 23 August 1884. Personal estate £7,835 6s 1d. Executors: Edward Sackett, Lower Addiscombe Rd, Croydon, Surrey, ironmonger, son; Louisa Sackett, 31 Hare St, Woolwich, spinster, daughter; Thomas Robert Richardson, Matlock Villa, Brookhill Park, Plumstead, gent."
- 1921 England census
3 Russell Place, Woolwich, London
Louisa Sackett, visitor, 74y, single, b. Margate, Kent, domestic servant (retired)
[In household of Thomas Brown, tailor].
|Sackett line||Granddaughter of John Sackett|
|Last Edited||6 Nov 2022|