Matilda Priscilla Sackett
|Father||Richard Sackett (c 1834-1907)|
|Mother||Ann Elizabeth Reed (c 1836-1912)|
Matilda was admitted, aged eight, with her ten-year-old sister Mary, to Bow High Street School, Tower Hamlets, LondonG, on 17 June 1879. They had previously been pupils at Stratfield Road School. The family was living at 10 Stewart's Buildings.2
In 1881 Matilda was living at 113 Livingstone Road, West Ham, EssexG, in the household of her parents Richard and Ann, and was recorded in the census as Matilda Sackett, aged ten and born in Stratford.7
In 1891 she was living at 50 Chapel Street, West HamG, in the household of Richard Woods, a blacksmith, and family, and was recorded as Matilda Sackett, a jute spinner, a lodger, single, aged 21.8
In 1901 Matilda was living at 17 Major Road, West HamG, in the household of her husband Harry, 29, a steam ship stoker, and was recorded in the census as Matilda Luxton, aged 29. Living with them were their children, Frederick, 6, Matilda, 5, Albert, 3, and John, aged one. Also in the household was a male boarder.9
In 1911 she was living at 36 Pond Road, West Ham, EssexG, and was recorded as Matilda Luxton, head of household, aged 40. Living with her were children, Frederick, 17, Matilda, 15, Albert, 13, John, 12, Edward, 8, Lillian, 6, and Annie, aged seven months. Also in the household were Matilda's widowed mother Ann, 76, and Matilda's unmarried brothers, Henry, 38, John, 36, and Edward, 29.10
Children of Matilda Priscilla Sackett and Harry Luxton
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1871. Sakett, Matilda Priscilla. Mother: Read. W Ham. 4a:20."
- "London, England, School Admissions and Discharges, 1840–1911", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Bow High Street School, Tower Hamlets, adm no 85, 17 Jun 1879, Matilda Sackett, parent/guardian: Richard Sackett, of 10 Stewart's Buil, b. 10 Aug 1870, last sch: Stratfield Rd."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Dec qtr 1940. Luxton, Matilda P, 69. W Ham. 4a:67."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1893. Sackett, Matilda Priscilla. W Ham. 4a:183."
- Marriages Register, All Saints, West Ham, Essex (Essex Record Office), "14 January 1893. Harry Luxton, 21, bachelor, gas worker, of 61 Victoria St, father William Luxton, fitter, & Matilda Priscilla Sackett, 21, spinster, of 18 Gibbins Rd, father Richard Sackett, labourer. Banns. Witnesses: Alfred Luxton, Phoebe Lee."
- Website England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837–1915 (Ancestry.com), "Dec qtr 1914. Luxton, Harry, 42. W Ham. 4a:112."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341406, PRO RG11/1703/60/39
West Ham, Essex
113 Livingstone Rd
Richard Sackett, head, married, 48, b. Canterbury, Kent, gen labourer
Ann E. Sackett, wife, 46, b. Stratford, Essex
Richard J. Sackett, son, 17, b. Stratford, carman
Mary J. Sackett, dau, 12, b. Stratford
Matilda Sackett, dau, 10, b. Stratford
Henry B. Sackett, son, 7, b. Stratford
John E. Sackett, son, 5, b. Stratford
Emily Sackett, dau, 2, b. Stratford.
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 1312, folio 55, p. 23, GSU roll 6096422
50 Chapel St, West Ham, Essex
Richard Woods, head, wid, 40, blacksmith, b. Bristol
[+ 5 ch, 1 dau-in-law, & 1 gson]
Matilda Sackett, lodger, single, 21, jute spinner hemp, b. Essex, Stratford.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG13, piece 1594, folio 35, p. 6
17 Major Road, West Ham, Essex
Harry Luxton, head, married, 29, steam ship stoker, b. Essex, Stratford
Matilda Luxton, wife, 29, b. Essex, Stratford
Frederick Luxton, son, 6, b. Essex, Stratford
Matilda Luxton, dau, 5, b. Essex, Stratford
Albert Luxton, son, 3, b. Essex, Stratford
John Luxton, son, 1, b. Essex, Stratford
John Read, boarder, single, 42, general labourer, b. Essex, Stratford.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, Piece 9424, Schedule 49
36 Pond Road, West Ham, Essex
Matilda Luxton, head, 40, m. 18y, 9 ch, 7 living, house duties, b. West Ham
Frederick Richard Luxton, son, 17, labourer, leather cloth -?-, b. West Ham
Matilda Susan Luxton, dau, 15, skin comber, leather dressers, b. West Ham
Albert Edward Luxton, son, 13, b. West Ham
John Richard Luxton, son, 12, b. West Ham
Edward Luxton, son, 8, b. West Ham
Lillian Luxton, dau, 6, b. West Ham
Annie Luxton, dau, 7 months, b. West Ham
Mrs Sackett, mother, 76, widow, b. West Ham
Henry Sackett, brother, 38, single, labourer, b. West Ham
John Sackett, brother, 36, single, labourer, b. West Ham
Edward Sackett, brother, 29, single, labourer, b. West Ham.
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||19 May 2017|