Josiah Andrew "Joe" Sackett1
|Father||James A Sackett2 (1837-1922)|
|Mother||Mary Ann Shippen2 (1839-1922)|
In 1900 Josiah was living in Galena, Woods County, OklahomaG, in the household of his parents James and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Joe A Sacket, at school, aged 19 and born in Kansas.6
Josiah completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was then aged 37 and was a self-employed farmer. He was living in Aline, Alfalfa County, OklahomaG, with his wife Naoma.7
In 1920 Josiah was living in Elberta, Woods County, OklahomaG, and was recorded in the census as Josiah Sackett, a farmer, head of household, aged 39 and born in Kansas. He owned his home free of mortgage. Living with him were his wife Naomi, 36, and their children, Viola, 4, and Avelene (Evelyn), aged two.8
In 1930 he was living at Choctaw Avenue, Aline, Alfalfa County, OklahomaG, and was recorded as Josiah A Sackett, a laborer, elevator business, head of household, aged 49. Living with him were his wife Naoma, 45, and their children, Viola, 15, and Evelyn, aged 12.9
Josiah completed a World War II draft registration card on 25 April 1942. He was living at AlineG, aged 61, and was self-employed. Next of kin was his daughter Viola.10
Children of Josiah Andrew "Joe" Sackett and Naoma Dell Cramer
|Sackett line||Great-grandson of Jonathan Sacket|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 18290|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Email from Glenna Hertzler to Chris Sackett, 5 April 2004.
- Email from Glenna Hertzler to Chris Sackett, 5 April 2004, Bureau of Census Record, US Department of Commerce, sl3-413-472, 21 April 1969, exact copy of census record of 1900, Joe A. Sackett.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "Josiah Sackett, b. Nov 22, 1880, d. Apr, 1972, SSN 446-30-7612 issued OK, residence Aline, Oklahoma, 73716, county Alfalfa."
- Email from Glenna Hertzler to Chris Sackett, 5 April 2004, Oklahoma Marriages, number 268, Josiah A. Sacket, age 24 born Kansas, Aline, O.T. to Neoma D. Cramer, age 21, born Kansas, Aline O.T. 29 October 1905.
- 1900 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 1343, p. 5A, Enumeration District 0227, FHL microfilm 1241343
Galena, Woods County, Oklahoma, 14 Jun 1900
Sacket, James A, head, b. Mar 1837, 63, m. 37y, b. IL, father b. MA, mother b. NY, farmer, home owned free of mortgage
Sacket, Mary, wife, b. Mar 1839, 61, m. 37y, 5 ch, all living, b. IN, father b. PA, mother b. OH
Sacket, Joe A, son, b. Nov 1880, 19, b. KS, father b. IL, mother b. IN, school.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, Oklahoma, Aline, Roll 801, Draft Board Local Woods County, Okla.
"Serial no. 1444, Josiah Andrew Sacket, of R.A., Aline, Woods, Okla, age 37, b. 22 Nov 1880, white, native born, Farmer, self emp, R.A., Aline, Woods, Okla, nok: Neoma D. Sacket, wife, R.A., Aline, Woods, Okla. Registrant: tall ht, med build, brown eyes, black hair, no disabilities. Reg 12 Sep 1918."
- 1920 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll T625_1480, p. 5B, Enumeration District: 209, Image 962
Elberta, Woods County, Oklahoma, 22 Jan 1920
Sackett, Josiah, head, home owned, free of mortgage, 39, married, b. KS, father b. IL, mother b. IN, farmer, gen farm
Sackett, Naomi, wife, 36, b. KS, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Sackett, Viola, dau, 4, b. OK, father b. KS, mother b. KS
Sackett, Avelene, dau, 2, b. OK, father b. KS, mother b. KS.
- 1930 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 1892, p. 1A, Enumeration District 0001, FHL microfilm 2341626
Choctaw Ave, Aline, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma, 2 Apr 1930
Sackett, Josiah A, head, home owned, value $2,500, not a farm, age 49, m. at 25, b. KS, father b. IL, mother b. IL, laborer, elevator
Sackett, Naoma, wife, 45, m. at 22, b. KS, father b. OH, mother b. OH, saleslady, general trader?
Sackett, Viola M, dau, 15, b. OK, father b. KS, mother b. KS
Sackett, Evelyn, dau, 12, b. OK, father b. KS, mother b. KS.
- "US World War II draft registration cards 1942", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Serial no. U1205, Josiah Andrew Sackett, Aline, Alfalfa, Okla, age 61, b. Sedgewick County, Kansas, 22 Nov 1880, tel. Aline 48, nok Viola Hertzler, Aline, OK, emp. self, race white, ht 5'11, wt 160, hazel eyes, gray hair, light brown complexion, small scar on right hand. Reg Alfalfa Court House, Cherokee, OK, 25 Apr 1942."
|Last Edited||30 Dec 2019|