Arnold Howard Sackett Sr1
|Father||Elihu Elton Sackett1 (1892-1967)|
|Mother||Amy Floretta Maine1 (say 1892-)|
In 1920 Arnold was living at Main Street, WinnebagoG, in the household of his parents Elihu and Amy, and was recorded in the census as Arnold Sackett, aged six and born in Minnesota.11
Arnold completed a World War II draft registration card on 16 October 1940. He was aged 27 and was living in WinnebagoG with his wife Inez.12
Arnold served in the US Army during the Second World War, enlisting on 30 September 1944 and being released on 20 December 1945.13
Children of Arnold Howard Sackett Sr and Inez Anna Pierce
Notes & Citations
- Email from Darlene Sackett to Sackett Discussion List.
- Email from Darlene Sackett to Chris Sackett, 3 February 2004.
- "Minnesota, Birth and Christenings Index 1840–1980", database, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Arnold Howard, b. Faribault County, MN, 30 Sep 1913, father Elehn Ellon [sic: Elihu Elton] Sackett, mother Amy Maine."
- "Oregon, Death Index, 1898–2008", database, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Arnold Howard, Sr, b. 30 Sep 1913, d. Multnomah, 18 Jan 1991, aged 77, spouse Wanda."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "Arnold H Sackett, b. Sep 30, 1913, d. Jan 18, 1991, SSN 475-09-5308 issued MN, residence Woodburn, Oregon, 97071, county Marion."
- Website Find A Grave.
- "Iowa Marriage Records, 1880–1951", digital image, Ancestry.com, "25 Jul 1935, Arnolds Park, Iowa, Arnold Sackett, 22, b. Winnebago, Minnesota, res. Winnebago, factory laborer, 2nd m., father Elihu E Sackett, mother Amy Maine; to Inez Pierce, 21, b. Winnebago, res. Winnebago, 1st m., father Oscar R Pierce, mother Gady I Winch. Witnesses: E E Sackett, Ada B Herson. By Theodore Foxworthy, Friends Minister."
- "Washington Marriage Records 1854–2013", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Affidavit for License 25 Mar 1974, Arnold H Sackett Sr, 60, b. Winnebago, MN, 30 Sep 1913, widowed, police officer, of 12435 S E Reed Way, Portland, Oregon, & Wanda J Billups, 57, b. Brigham City, UT, 2 Mar 1917, telephone oper, of 12435 S E Reed Way."
- Marriage record.
- 1920 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: T625_828; Page: 13B; Enumeration District: 91
Main Street, Winnebago, Faribault County, Minnesota, 15 Jan 1920
Sackett, Elihu E, head, home owned on mortgage, 27, married, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. MN, mechanic, garage
Sackett, Amy F, wife, 26, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. WI
Sackett, Arnold, son, 6, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. MN
Sackett, Virginia, dau, 2 11/12, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. MN
Sackett, Elton, son, 1 1/12, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. MN.
- "U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940–1947", database, Ancestry.com, "Arnold Howard Sackett, 27, b. Winnebago, Minnesota, 30 Sep 1913, res. Winnebago, Faribault, MN, reg. 16 Oct 1940, emp. WPA Project, wt 165, complexion ruddy, eyes blue, hair brown, ht 5' 8", nok Inez Ann Sackett, wife."
- "US Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File", database, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Arnold, b. 30 Sep 1913, d. 18 Jan 1991, branch Army, enlisted 30 Sep 1944, released 20 Dec 1945."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||10th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||8 Mar 2020|