|Father||John Andrew Sackett (1849-1930)|
|Mother||Emma Booth (-1898)|
In 1891 George was living at 46 Shirley Street, HoveG, in the household of his parents John and Emma, and was recorded in the census as George Sackett, a scholar, aged seven and born in West Brighton.4
In 1901 he was living at 46 Shirley Street, HoveG, in the household of his widowed father John, and was recorded as George Sackett, a greengrocer working at home, aged 17 and born in Hove.5
In 1911 he was living at 46 Shirley Street, HoveG, in the household of his widowed father John, and was recorded as George Sackett, working in his father's greengrocery business, single, aged 28 and born in Hove.6
George and his brother Alfred proved their father John's will in Lewes, SussexG, on 24 February 1931. His estate was valued at £2,962.
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, George was living at 37 Shirley Street, Hove, SussexG, with his brother Frederick. They ran a greengrocery shop.7
George and his brother Alfred were granted administration on 10 December 1956 of their brother Frederick's estate, valued at £800.8
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1883. Sackett, George. Mother: Booth. Steyning. 1c:311."
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1963. Sackett, George, 79. Hove. 5h:749."
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/819/f39
46 Shirley St, Hove, Sussex
John A Sackett, head, married, 41, greengrocer, b. Ramsgate
Emma Sackett, wife, 38, b. Hastings, Sussex
Alice Sackett, dau, 15, b. W Brighton
Alfred Sackett, son, 12, scholar, b. W Brighton
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. W Brighton
George Sackett, son, 7, scholar, b. W Brighton
Charles Sackett, son, 5, b. W Brighton
Frederick Sackett, son, 3, b. W Brighton.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 937/46
46 Shirley Street, Hove (All Saints) (5+ rooms) [one of a short row of shops]
J Sackett, head, married, 54, greengrocer, own account, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Alfd Sackett, son, 23, greengrocer, worker at home, b. Hove
Alice Sackett, dau, single, 25, at home, b. Hove
George Sackett, son, 17, greengrocer, worker at home, b. Hove
Fredk Sackett, son, 13, b. Hove
Ellen Sackett, dau, 9, b. Hove
Edith Sackett, dau, 5, b. Hove.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 46 Shirley St, Hove, Sussex
John Andrew Sackett, head, 62, widower, ["11 ch, 7 living" struck through], shopkeeper, greengrocer, own account, at home, b. Hove
Alice Sackett, dau, 35, single, b. Hove
George Sackett, son, 28, single, working in business, greengrocer, b. Hove
Frederick Sackett, son, 24, single, working in business, greengrocer, b. Hove
Hellen Sackett, dau, 19, single, shop assistant, greengrocery, b. Hove
Edith Sackett, dau, 15, dressmaking, worker, b. Hove.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 37 Shirley Street, Hove M B, Sussex: George Sackett, b. 31 Oct 1883, single, greengrocer, shop keeper; Frederick Sackett, b. 24 Feb 1887, single, greengrocer shop keeper.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Frederick of 37 Shirley-street Hove Sussex died 21 December 1955 Administration Lewes 10 December 1956 to Alfred Sackett dealer and George Sackett greengrocer. Effects £800 3s. 8d."
|Last Edited||11 November 2016|