Alfred William Sackett
|Father||Henry "Harry" Sackett (1871-1942)|
|Mother||Louisa Elizabeth Mathison (1869-1956)|
In 1921 Alfred was living at 1 Cecil Terrace, New Road, Dagenham, EssexG, in the household of his parents Henry and Louisa, and was recorded in the census as Alfred William Sackett, aged ten and born in Rainham.9
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Alfred was living at Northumberland Villa, Philip Road, Hornchurch, EssexG, with his parents Henry and Louisa. He was a store keeper.10 Annie was living at 58 Monega Road, East Ham, EssexG, with her father Alexander and sister Ivy.11
Administration of Alfred's estate was granted on 14 August 1963 to his widow Annie. His estate was valued at £3,306.12
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1911. Sackett, Alfred William. Mother: Mathison. Romford. 4a:598."
- 1939 Register.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1963. Sackett, Alfred W, 51. Brentwood. 4a:399."
- Probate record.
- Website England & Wales Marriage Index, 1916–2005 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com), "Sep qtr 1942. Sackett, Alfred W. Spouse: Stone. W. Ham. 4a:55."
- Website England & Wales Marriage Index, 1916–2005 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com), "Sep qtr 1942. Stone, Annie K. Spouse: Sackett. W. Ham. 4a:58." [Error in indexed ref.]
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837–1915" (Ancestry transcript), "Mar qtr 1967. Sackett, Annie K, 60. Waltham Forest. 5E:39."
- 1921 England census
1 Cecil Terrace, New Road, Dagenham, Essex
Henry Sackett, head, 49y 8m, married, b. Dagenham, transport worker, Messrs Scrutton Ltd (Stevedores), Tilbury Docks
Louisa Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 51y 9m, married, b. Windsor, Berkshire, home duties
Leonard Mark Sackett, son, 22y 7m, single, b. Dagenham, barge builder, Messrs Samuel Williams & Sons, Govt Contractors, Dagenham Dock, Essex
Ernest Henry Sackett, son, 21y 5m, married, b. Dagenham, rivetter, Messrs Fraser & Co, Govt Contractors, Dagenham Dock, Essex
Sarah Lucy Mitson Sackett, wife, 21y 5m, married, b. Dagenham, home duties
Robert Bernard Sackett, son, 16y 2m, single, b. Rainham, Essex, out of work
Emily Ruth Sackett, daughter, 12y 7m, b. Rainham
Alfred William Sackett, son, 10y 2m, b. Rainham
David Theodore Sackett, son, 7y 8m, b. Dagenham
Blenkhorn Evans, boarder, 40y 1m, single, b. Manchester, Salford, stores labourer, Messrs Union Cable Co Ltd, Cable Manufrs, Dagenham Dock, Essex.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, Northumberland Villa, Philip Road, Hornchurch U D, Essex: RG101/1525D/010/12, Henry Sackett, b. 27 Oct 1871, married, old age pensioner; RG101/1525D/010/13, Elizabeth L (Louisa) Sackett (later Allan), b. 8 Sep 1869, married, old age pensioner; RG101/1525D/010/14, Alfred W Sackett, b. 4 Apr 1911, single, store keeper; Alexander Allen, b. 27 Apr 1865, widowed, old age pensioner.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Stone household, 58 Monega Road, East Ham, Essex: Alexander Stone, b. 1867, plasterer; RG101/0998G/004/1, Annie R Stone (later Sackett), b. 26 Sep 1906, single, card box maker; Ivy Stone (later Gnashall), b. 15 Sep 1910, single, card box maker; & 4 others.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Alfred William of 137 Cann Hall Road Leytonstone Essex died 2 June 1963 at London Hospital Annexe Brentwood Essex Administration London 14 August to Annie Kezia Sackett widow. Effects £3306 16s. 5d."
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Richard Sackett of South Weald, Essex|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
|Last Edited||22 Nov 2022|