|Father||Solomon Sackett (1785-1855)|
|Mother||Hulda Webster (c 1788-1844)|
In 1850 George was living at SandisfieldG and was recorded in the census as George Sackett, a farmer, aged 27, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Orpha, aged 23, and also born in Massachusetts, and their son Charles, aged three. Also in the household were Allice Flanigan, 19, and Lovina Coled, 36.5
Child of George Sackett and Orphia Cowles
- Hon Charles H Sackett b. 25 Jan 1848
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1650. George Sackett, b. June 9, 1820; m. 1st, Orphia Cowles."
- Website Vital Records of Sandisfield, Massachusetts, to 1850 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), "George, [s. Solomon Sackett & Huldah], born June 9. 1820."
- Website Vital Records of Sandisfield, Massachusetts, to 1850 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), marriage, "Sacket, George and Orpha Cowles. Jan. 1, 1845."
- Cooke Collection of Massachusetts genealogical records, Berkshire Athenaeum, Pittsfield, Massachusetts, marriages, "1845 Jan 1, Mr George Sackett to Miss Orpha Cowles, both of Sandisfield."
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, M432_306/291/61/64
Sandisfield, Berkshire County, MA
George Sackett, 27, farmer, b. MA
Orpha Sackett, 23, b. MA
Charles Sackett, 3, b. MA
Allice Flanigan, 19, b. MA
Lovina Coled, 36, b. MA.
|Last Edited||5 November 2012|