Mary Ann Sackett
|Father||Francis Sackett (1795-1853)|
|Mother||Sarah Walker (c 1798-1863)|
In 1841 Mary was living at Upper Matilda Place, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of her parents Francis and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Mary Ann Sackett, aged 5 and born in Surrey.7
In 1851 she was living at 26 Albert Street, St.Paul's, Tower Hamlets, Shoreditch, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as Mary Sackett, a tailoress, aged 16, born in Bermondsey, an unmarried daughter of Francis Sackett.8
In 1891 she was living at 39 Portree Street, Bromley, LondonG, in the household of her husband John, 62, a mariner, and was recorded as Maryann Peel, aged 54. Living with them were their children, Charles, 24, and Emily, aged 13. There were also two male boarders in the household.9
Children of Mary Ann Sackett and John Pelle
Notes & Citations
- Website England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837–1915 (Ancestry.com), Mar qtr 1898. Pelle, Mary Ann, 60. Islington. 1b:250.
- "UK, Burial and Cremation Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Islington, London, 26 Mar 1898, Mary Ann Pelle."
- Marriages Register, St Thomas, Stepney, Middlesex, "2 February 1856 John Pelle, full age, bachelor, of Stepney, mariner, father John Pelle, shipowner, & Mary Ann Sackett, full age, spinster, of Stepney, father Francis Sackett, shipwright. Licence. Witnesses: John Robson, Emily Pearce."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1856. Sackett, Mary Ann. Stepney. 1c:821."
- 1841 Channel Islands census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 10 Paris Street, St Peter Port, Guernsey
John Pell, 35, coal merchant, b. G
Susanna Pell, 35, b. G
John Pell, 11, b. G
Nicholas Pell, 10, b. G
Edwin Pell, 8, b. G
Rachel Pell, 7, b. G
Arthur Pell, 5, b. G
Anna Pell, 1, b. G.
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Upper Matilda Place, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey
Francis Sacket, 45, shipwright, b. Surrey
Sarah Sacket, 43, b. Surrey
Ann Sacket, 23, b. Surrey
Thos Sacket, 21, apprentice shipwright, b. Surrey
Francis Sacket, 17, apprentice shipwright, b. Surrey
Martha Sacket, 13, b. Surrey
Emily Sacket, 8, b. Surrey
Mary Ann Sacket, 5, b. Surrey
HO107; Piece 1048; Book: 3; Civil Parish: St Mary Magdalen Bermondsey; County: Surrey; Enumeration District: 7; Folio: 33; Page: 19; Line: 24; GSU roll: 474649. [Also researched at PRO by Marion Sackett].
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 26 Albert St., St.Pauls, Tower Hamlets, Shoreditch, Middlesex
Francis Sackett, head, married, 55, shipwright, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Sarah Sackett, wife, 53, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Francis Sackett, son, unmarried, 24, shipwright, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Ann Sackett, dau, married, 30, dressmaker, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Sarah Sackett, dau, married, 28, milener [sic], b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Emily Sackett, dau, unmarried, 18, corset maker, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Martha Sackett, dau, married, 25, dress maker, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Mary Sackett, dau, unmarried, 16, tailoress, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
[Three daughters recorded as married but in maiden names?]
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 328, folio 70, p 29, GSU roll 6095438
39 Portree Street, Bromley, London
Peel, John, head, 62, mariner, b. Poplar, London
Peel, Maryann, wife, 54, b. Bermondsey, London
Peel, Charles, son, 24, laborer, tramway, b. Poplar, London
Peel, Emily, daughter, 13, scholar, b. Bromley, London
Cooper, James, boarder, 24, laborer, tramway, b. Poplar, London
Jackins, Richard, boarder, 22, laborer, tramway, b. Peckham, London.
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||20 Dec 2020|