Emily Catherine/Caroline Sackett
|Father||Francis Sackett (1795-1853)|
|Mother||Sarah Walker (c 1798-1863)|
In 1841 Emily was living at Upper Matilda Place, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of her parents Francis and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Emily Sackett, aged 8 and born in Surrey.4
In 1851 she was living at 26 Albert Street, St.Paul's, Tower Hamlets, Shoreditch, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as Emily Sackett, a corset maker, aged 18, born in Bermondsey, an unmarried daughter of Francis Sackett.5
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Mary the Virgin, Rotherhithe, Surrey, "7 July 1833 Emily Catherine d. Francis & Sarah Sackett, born 9 June, Salisbury Lane, Bermondsey. Father's occupation: shipwright."
- Marriages Register, St Thomas, Stepney, Middlesex, "27 August 1854 Edward John Pearce, bachelor, full age, of Stepney, mariner, father Edward Pearce, commissioner, & Emily Caroline Sackett, spinster, full age, of Stepney, father Francis Sackett, shipwright. Banns. Witnesses: James Casey, C A Bocking."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1854. Sackett, Emily Caroline. Stepney. 1c:948."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Upper Matilda Place, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey
Francis Sacket, 45, shipwright, b. Surrey
Sarah Sacket, 43, b. Surrey
Ann Sacket, 23, b. Surrey
Thos Sacket, 21, apprentice shipwright, b. Surrey
Francis Sacket, 17, apprentice shipwright, b. Surrey
Martha Sacket, 13, b. Surrey
Emily Sacket, 8, b. Surrey
Mary Ann Sacket, 5, b. Surrey
HO107; Piece 1048; Book: 3; Civil Parish: St Mary Magdalen Bermondsey; County: Surrey; Enumeration District: 7; Folio: 33; Page: 19; Line: 24; GSU roll: 474649. [Also researched at PRO by Marion Sackett].
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 26 Albert St., St.Pauls, Tower Hamlets, Shoreditch, Middlesex
Francis Sackett, head, married, 55, shipwright, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Sarah Sackett, wife, 53, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Francis Sackett, son, unmarried, 24, shipwright, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Ann Sackett, dau, married, 30, dressmaker, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Sarah Sackett, dau, married, 28, milener [sic], b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Emily Sackett, dau, unmarried, 18, corset maker, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Martha Sackett, dau, married, 25, dress maker, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Mary Sackett, dau, unmarried, 16, tailoress, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
[Three daughters recorded as married but in maiden names?]
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||7 Mar 2010|