|Father||Francis Sackett (1795-1853)|
|Mother||Sarah Walker (c 1798-1863)|
In 1841 Martha was living at Upper Matilda Place, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of her parents Francis and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Martha Sackett, aged 13 and born in Surrey.4
In 1851 she was living at 26 Albert Street, St.Paul's, Tower Hamlets, Shoreditch, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as Martha Sackett, a dress maker, aged 25, born in Bermondsey, a married daughter of Francis Sackett. Martha was recorded in her maiden name although she was by this date married.5
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Mary the Virgin, Rotherhithe, Surrey, "6 January 1828 Martha d. Francis & Sarah Sackett, born 6 December 1827, Marigold Street, Bermondsey. Father's occupation: shipwright."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1848. Sackett, Martha. Stepney. 2:397."
- Marriages Register, St Thomas, Stepney, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "6 March 1848, John Robson, 26, bachelor, mariner, of Stepney, father: William Robson, mariner; and Martha Sackett, 22, spinster, of Stepney, father: Francis Sackett, shipwright. Banns. Both made mark. Witnesses: Sarah Walker, Charles Duckham."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Upper Matilda Place, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey
Francis Sacket, 45, shipwright, b. Surrey
Sarah Sacket, 43, b. Surrey
Ann Sacket, 23, b. Surrey
Thos Sacket, 21, apprentice shipwright, b. Surrey
Francis Sacket, 17, apprentice shipwright, b. Surrey
Martha Sacket, 13, b. Surrey
Emily Sacket, 8, b. Surrey
Mary Ann Sacket, 5, b. Surrey
HO107; Piece 1048; Book: 3; Civil Parish: St Mary Magdalen Bermondsey; County: Surrey; Enumeration District: 7; Folio: 33; Page: 19; Line: 24; GSU roll: 474649. [Also researched at PRO by Marion Sackett].
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 26 Albert St., St.Pauls, Tower Hamlets, Shoreditch, Middlesex
Francis Sackett, head, married, 55, shipwright, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Sarah Sackett, wife, 53, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Francis Sackett, son, unmarried, 24, shipwright, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Ann Sackett, dau, married, 30, dressmaker, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Sarah Sackett, dau, married, 28, milener [sic], b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Emily Sackett, dau, unmarried, 18, corset maker, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Martha Sackett, dau, married, 25, dress maker, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Mary Sackett, dau, unmarried, 16, tailoress, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
[Three daughters recorded as married but in maiden names?]
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||8 March 2010|