|Father||Francis Sackett (1795-1853)|
|Mother||Sarah Walker (c 1798-1863)|
In 1841 Ann was living at Upper Matilda Place, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of her parents Francis and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Ann Sackett, aged 23 and born in Surrey.4
In 1851 she was living at 26 Albert Street, St.Paul's, Tower Hamlets, Shoreditch, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as Ann Sackett, a dressmaker, married, aged 30 [actually 34] and born in Rotherhithe, the daughter of Francis Sackett. Ann was recorded in her maiden name although she was by this date married to James Casey.5
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Mary the Virgin, Rotherhithe, Surrey, "20 November 1816 Ann Sackett d. Francis & Sarah, of Rotherhithe Wall, born 10 November. Father's occupation: lighter builder."
- Marriages Register, St Thomas, Stepney, Middlesex, "15 October 1849 James Casey, full age, bachelor, of Stepney, mariner, father John Casey, dyer, & Ann Sackett, full age, spinster, of Stepney, father Francis Sackett, shipwright. Banns. Witnesses: Umily [?Emily] Sackett, J Powell Hughlings."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1849. Sackett, Ann. Stepney. 2:541."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Upper Matilda Place, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey
Francis Sacket, 45, shipwright, b. Surrey
Sarah Sacket, 43, b. Surrey
Ann Sacket, 23, b. Surrey
Thos Sacket, 21, apprentice shipwright, b. Surrey
Francis Sacket, 17, apprentice shipwright, b. Surrey
Martha Sacket, 13, b. Surrey
Emily Sacket, 8, b. Surrey
Mary Ann Sacket, 5, b. Surrey
HO107; Piece 1048; Book: 3; Civil Parish: St Mary Magdalen Bermondsey; County: Surrey; Enumeration District: 7; Folio: 33; Page: 19; Line: 24; GSU roll: 474649. [Also researched at PRO by Marion Sackett].
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 26 Albert St., St.Pauls, Tower Hamlets, Shoreditch, Middlesex
Francis Sackett, head, married, 55, shipwright, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Sarah Sackett, wife, 53, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Francis Sackett, son, unmarried, 24, shipwright, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Ann Sackett, dau, married, 30, dressmaker, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Sarah Sackett, dau, married, 28, milener [sic], b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Emily Sackett, dau, unmarried, 18, corset maker, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Martha Sackett, dau, married, 25, dress maker, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Mary Sackett, dau, unmarried, 16, tailoress, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
[Three daughters recorded as married but in maiden names?]
|Last Edited||12 January 2009|