|Father||Jeremiah Sackett (1775-1847)|
|Mother||Sarah Hodgeman (1779-1850)|
In 1851 Thomas was living at 8 Sion Hill, Ramsgate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Thomas Sackett, a tailor, head of household, married, aged 44 and born in Ramsgate. Living with him were his wife Maria, aged 45, and born in Deal, their unmarried son Henry, aged 23, Maria's sister Susanna Diggerson, and niece Ann Diggerson.9
In 1861 he was living at 6 Royal Crescent, Ramsgate, KentG, and was recorded as Thomas Sackett, aged 57, and born in Ramsgate. He and his wife Maria, aged 56, and also born in Ramsgate, were living in the household of his son Henry D Sackett.10
In 1871 Thomas's widow Maria was living at 13 Hertford Place, Ramsgate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Maria Sackett, a greengrocer, head of household, a widow, aged 73, and born in Deal.11
Child of Thomas Sackett and Maria Diggerson
- Henry Digerson Sackett+ b. 21 Feb 1828, d. 12 Feb 1897
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Arthur Digerson Sackett & Florence Sackett relationship chart
Henry Digerson Sackett & Mary Bird Sackett relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "2 July 1803 Thomas s. Jeremiah & Sarah Sackett, bn. 2 June."
- Baptisms Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "2 July 1803 Thomas s. Jeremiah & Sarah Sackett, bn 2 June."
- Marion Sackett, Canterbury Cathedral Archives, "Sacred to the memory of Thomas Sackett who departed this life July the 16th 1867 aged 65 years also of Maria Sackett wife of the above who died January 26 1887 in her 85th year interred in Ramsgate cemetery."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1867. Sackett, Thomas, 65. Thanet."
- Burials Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "11 July 1867 Thomas Sackett, Royal Crescent, 65 years." [There is an error either in the date of death recorded in the MI, 16 July 1867, or in the recorded date of burial, 11 July 1867.]
- Marriages Register, St Leonard's, Deal, Kent (Transcript), "16 April 1827 Thomas Sackett, bachelor of St Lawrence, Thanet, & Maria Digerson, spinster of this parish. Banns. Witnesses: Wm. Denne, Mary Ann Digerson."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1887. Sackett, Maria, 84. Thanet."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1630/f390
8 Sion Hill
Thomas SACKETT, head, married, 44, tailor, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Maria SACKETT, wife, 45, b. Kent, Deal
Henry D. SACKETT, son, unmarried, 23, artist, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Susanna DIGGERSON, sister, unmarried, 38, b. Kent, Deal
Ann DIGGERSON, niece, 15, b. Kent, Deal.
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
6 Royal Crescent, Ramsgate, Kent
Henry D Sackett, head, married, 33, house decorator, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Mary B Sackett, wife, 36?, b. Ramsgate
Thomas Sackett, father, married, 57, b. Ramsgate
Maria Sackett, mother, married, 56, b. Ramsgate
Ann Digerson, cousin, unm., 24, b. Deal, Kent
Francis Carr, servant, unm., 17, b. Littlestone.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/996/f57v
13 Hertford Pl., Ramsgate, Kent
Maria Sackett, head, widow, 73, greengrocer, b. Deal.
|Last Edited||12 March 2013|