Henry Thomas Sackett
|Father||George Sackett (1772-1842)|
|Mother||Sophia ___ (-1841)|
In 1841 Henry was living at Vauxhall Walk, Lambeth, SurreyG, and was recorded in the census as Henry Sackett, aged 35 [rounded down] and born in Surrey. Living with him was his wife Sarah.8
In 1871 Henry's widow Sarah was living at 18 Cherry Holt Lane, Newark, NottinghamshireG, and was recorded in the census as Sarah Sackett, professor of music and language, head of household, a widow, aged 63 and born in Newark.9
In 1881 she was living at Cherry Holt Lane, Newark, NottinghamshireG, and was recorded as Sarah Sackett, professor of music, head of household, a widow aged 73 and born in Newark.10
Sarah's will, made in Newark-upon-TrentG, was proved in Nottingham on 20 May 1885. Her personal estate was valued at £930. The sole executor was her sister Mary Paling.11
Child of Henry Thomas Sackett and Sarah Kelk
- Henry Thomas Sackett b. 1840, d. 1840
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey, "19 November 1802 Henry Thomas Sackett s. George & Sophia, East Lane, bn. 27 October. Father's occ: waterman."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1853. Sackett, Henry Thomas, 50. St Olave Southwark. 1d:32."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1839. Sackett, Henry Thomas. Newark. 15:834."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1839. Kelk, Sarah. Newark. 15:834."
- Baptism, Newark-upon-Trent, Nottinghamshire (England Births & Christenings, LDS FamilySearch), film 504525, "1 Sep 1807 Sarah Kelk d. William Kelk & Sarah."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1885. Sackett, Sarah, 77. Newark."
- Burials register, Newark Cemetery, Nottinghamshire (deceasedonline.com), "25 Feb 1885, Sarah Sackett."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Vauxhall Walk, Lambeth, Surrey
Henry Sackett, 35, cl? [clerk?], b. Surrey
Sarah Sackett, 35, b. Surrey
Edmund Hadler, 40, bricklayer
Sarah Hadler, 35
George Hadler, 25, bricklayer
Elizabeth Pierce, 40, ind
Henry Church, 30, carpenter
Jane Church, 35
HO107; Piece 1057; Book: 7; Civil Parish: Lambeth; County: Surrey; Enumeration District: 16; Folio: 30; Page: 14; Line: 13; GSU roll: 474653.
- 1871 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG10, piece 3541, folio 72, p. 19, GSU roll 839757
18 Cherry Holt L, Newark upon Trent, Nottinghamshire
Sarah Sackett, head, widow, 63, professor of music & language, b. Notts, Newark.
- 1881 England census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1341807, PRO RG11/3375/81/20
Cherry Holt Lane, Newark Upon Trent, Nottingham
Sarah Sackett, wid (head), 73, b. Newark, Nottingham, professor of music.
- Will of Sarah Sackett of Newark-upon-Trent, Nottinghamshire, date not known, proved at Nottingham, 20 May 1885 (Somerset House Indexes), "Sarah Sackett, Cherry Holt Lane, Newark-upon-Trent, Notts, widow, died 22 February 1885 at home. Will proved Nottingham 20 May 1885. Personal estate £930 0s 1d. Sole executor: Mary Paling, wife of William Paling, 2 Whitfield St, Newark-on-Trent, sister."
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||25 Sep 2019|