|Father||Thomas Sackett (1771-1840)|
|Mother||Susannah Solley (c 1778-1863)|
In 1851 Ann was living at 20 Grundy Street, Poplar, MiddlesexG, in the household of her husband Charles, 32, a butcher, and was recorded in the census as Ann Kelsey, aged 38 and born in Ash. Living with them was their son Charles, aged 18 months. Henry Rolfe, 30, a tailor, was a visitor in the household.4
In 1861 she was living at 11 St Leonard's Street, Poplar, MiddlesexG, in the household of her husband Charles, 42, a master butcher, and was recorded as Ann Kelsey, aged 49 and born in Ash. Living with them were their children, Charles, 11, and Ann S, aged eight.5
In 1871 she was living at 6 Market Row, Hackney, LondonG, in the household of her husband Charles, 52, a butcher, and was recorded as Annie Kelsey, aged 59 and born in Ash. Living with them were their children, Charles, 21, and Ann, 18. Also in the household was a female general servant.6
Children of Ann Sackett and Charles Thomas Kelsey
Notes & Citations
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "17 June 1840 Charles Kelsey, full age, bachelor, butcher, of King St, Margate, father John Kelsey builder, to Ann Sackett, full age, spinster, of Zion Place, Margate, father Thomas Sackett butcher. Licence. Both signed. Witnesses: Mary Young?, Geo Dixon."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1840. Sackett, Ann. Thanet. 5:505."
- 1851 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 1556, folio 382, p. 9, GSU roll 174788-174789
20 Grundy Street, Poplar, Middlesex
Charles Kelsey, head, married, 32, butcher, b. Kent, Margate
Ann Kelsey, wife, 38, b. Kent, Ash
Charles Kelsey, son, 18 months, b. Poplar
Henry Rolfe, visitor, married, 30, tailor, b. Kent, Kingwood.
- 1861 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG 9, piece 302, folio 37, p. 3, GSU roll 542610
11 St Leonards St, West side, Bromley, Poplar, Middlesex
Charles T Kelsey, head, married, 42, butcher, master, b. Kent, Margate
Ann Kelsey, wife, 49, assists in shop, b. Kent, Ash
Charles T Kelsey, son, 11, serves in shop, b. Poplar
Ann S Kelsey, dau, 8, scholar, b. Mddx, Strand.
- 1871 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG10, piece 334, folio 23, p. 39, GSU roll 818903
6 Market Row, Hackney, London
Charles T Kelsey, head, married, 52, butcher, b. Margate, Kent
Annie Kelsey, wife, 59, b. Ash, Kent
Charles T Kelsey, son, unm, 21, butcher, b. Poplar, Middx
Ann S Kelsey, dau, unm, 18, b. Strand, Middx
Lucy Wherrell, serv, unm, 20, g serv, b. Auldburn [Aldbourne?], Wilts.
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||27 Aug 2013|