Frederick A Sackett
|Father||Rufus Sackett (1808-1875)|
|Mother||Frances Parsons (1809-1879)|
In 1850 Frederick was living in NorthamptonG in the household of his parents Rufus and Frances, and was recorded in the census as Frederic Sackett, aged four and born in Massachusetts.4
In 1870 he was living in NorthamptonG and was recorded as Frederick Sackett, a shoemaker, aged 23. Living with him were his wife Laura, aged 20 and born in Massachusetts, and their son Freddie, aged one.5
Frederick was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in NorthamptonG. He was also appointed administrator of the will.6
In 1880 he was living in West Springfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded as Frederick A Sackett, a furniture dealer, head of household, married, aged 30 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Laura, aged 30, children, Freddy, 12, Gertrude, 7, Nellie, 4, Herbert, 2, and [unnamed: Jacob], aged one month, and Laura's widowed mother Roxanna Bassett, aged 75.7
In 1900 he was living at 16 Beech Street, SpringfieldG, and was recorded as Fredrick A Sackett, upholsterer, head of household, aged 54 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Laura, 55, their unmarried children, Fred, 33, Gertrude, 25, Herbert, 22, and Jacob, 20, and their daughter Nellie Blodget, 24, and son-in-law Samuel Blodget, aged 30.8
Children of Frederick A Sackett and Laura A Bassett
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "3386. Fred A. Sackett, b. in 1845, d. Oct 7, 1906; m. Laura Bassett."
- Vital Records, Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, v22, p251, birth, "July 25 1846, Frederick A, son Rufus Sacket & Frances Sacket (Parsons), shoemaker, of Northampton, registered June 1, 1847."
- Vital Records, Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, v200, p86, marriage "1867 October 31, Frederick A Sackett, of Northampton, 21, shoe maker, b. Northampton, s. Rufus & Frances Sackett, first marriage, & Laura A Bassett, of Northampton, 22, b. Pittsfield, Mass, d. Orrin & Roxanna Bassett, first marriage. Married by J H Mansfield, Pastor of M E Church."
- 1850 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll 320, p 101A
Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, 7 Aug 1850
Sackett, Rufus, 41, shoemaker, real estate $800, b. MA
Sackett, Frances, 40, b. MA
Sackett, Rufus W, 19, clerk, b. MA
Sackett, Jerusha, 15, b. MA
Sackett, Louisa, 13, b. MA
Sackett, George, 10, b. MA
Sackett, Sarah A, 8, b. MA
Sackett, Josephine, 6, b. MA
Sackett, Frederic, 4, b. MA
Sackett, Ella M, 1/12, b. MA
Richardson, Kesiah, 24, b. MA
Parsons, Seth, 54, none, b. MA
[Illegible], Theodore, , 25, shoemaker, b. Canada.
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_621/400
Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts
Sackett, Frederick, 23, shoemaker, $-, $400, b. Mass
Sackett, Laura, 20, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, Freddie, 1, at home, b. Mass.
- Website Vital Records of Northampton, Massachusetts (Corbin Collection) (New England Historic Genealogical Society),  Hampshire Co. Probate Box 343 No. 4, "Sacket, Rufus of Northampton, died Aug. 14 1875. Frederick A. Sackett, Administrator, a son. Widow – Frances. Other heirs: Rufus W. Sackett, Northampton; Louisa F. Day, daughter, Northampton, wife of Lewis Day; Alice J. Sackett, daughter, Northampton; Jerusha E. Allen, daughter, New Haven, Ct., wife of Wm B. Allen; Sarah E. Marsh, daughter, New Haven, Ct., wife of Chas Marsh; Josephine Sackett, daughter, Boston; Ella M. Sackett, daughter, New Haven, Ct.; George Sackett, son, Springfield."
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1254535, NA T9-0535/88D (TEK)
West Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Frederick A Sackett, head, married, 30, b. MA, furniture dealer, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Laura A Sackett, wife, 30, b. MA, keeping house, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Freddy Sackett, son, 12, b. MA, at school, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Gertrude L Sackett, dau, 7, b. MA, at school, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Nellie Sackett, dau, 4, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Herbert Sackett, son, 2, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sackett, son, 1 month, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Roxanna Bassett, mother-in-law, widow, 75, b. MA, none, father b. RI, mother b. MA.
- 1900 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll 652, p. 15B, FHL microfilm 1240652
16 Beech Street, Springfield City, Hampden County, Massachusetts
Sackett, Fredrick A, head, b. Jul 1845, 54, m. 30y, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, upholsterer
Sackett, Laura, wife, b. Aug 1844, 55, m. 30y, 7 ch, 5 living, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sackett, C Fred, son, b. Jun 1866, 33, single, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, passenger brakeman RR
Sackett, Gertrude L, dau, b. Dec 1874, 25, single, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, employed by B&A RR
Sackett, Herbert, son, b. Sep 1877, 22, single, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, office clerk
Sackett, Jacob R, son, b. May 1880, 20, single, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, office boy
Blodget, Nellie, dau, b. Aug 1875, 24, m. 3y, no ch, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Blodget, Samuel, son-in-law, b. Mar 1870, 30, m. 3y, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, salesman.
|Last Edited||26 August 2020|