George Augustus Sackett
|Father||George Sacket (c 1805-)|
|Mother||Eliza A Peake (c 1807-)|
In 1850 George was living at Colchester, Delaware County, New York StateG, in the household of his parents George and Eliza, and was recorded in the census as Augustus Sackett, a laborer, aged 17 and born in New York.5
3154. George Augustus Sackett, 1833–1885, of Downsville, Delaware County, N. Y., son of (1241) George Sackett and Eliza A. Peake, was married to Huldah Ann Raymond, 18__–18__, and on Nov. 2, 1873, to Sarah W. More, daughter of Hiram More and Abigail Squires.
5911. Ida Georgiana Sackett, b. Mar. 3, 1866; m. James W. Wilcox.
[5912 was skipped.]
5913. Francis M. Sackett, b. 1874.
5914. Hattie M. Sackett, b. in 1876; m. John L. Snyder.
5915. Guy Augustus Sackett, b. in 1877; m. Anna E. Vanalstyne.
5916. George W. Sackett, b. in 1882.
Children of George Augustus Sackett and Huldah Ann Raymond
- Porter W Sackett b. before 1866
- Ida Georgiana Sackett b. 3 Mar 1866
Children of George Augustus Sackett and Sarah Wilson More
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "3154. Geo. Augustus Sackett, 1833–1885; m. Huldah A. Raymond."
- Grace Van Dyke More, editor, Chronicles of the More family (, 1955), pp 362–3, "456 Sarah Wilson More [d. Hiram More & Abigail Squire], b. Feb. 16, 1841, at Downsville, N. Y.; d. there, Jan. 30, 1928; m. Nov. 2, 1873, to George Augustus Sackett, b. June 28, 1833, in Cape Vincent, N. Y."
- "New York, Death Index, 1852–1956" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, George A, d. Downsville, New York, 22 Nov 1895."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- 1850 United States census
Roll: M432_495 Page 384
Sackett, George, 44, farmer, b. NY
Sackett, Eliza, 42, b. NY
Sackett, Porter, 19, laborer, b. NY
Sackett, Augustus, 17, laborer, b. NY
Sackett, Charles, 15, [occupation blank], b. NY
Sackett, Fanny, 10, b. NY
Sackett, Harriet, 8, b. NY
Sackett, Eliza, 6, b. NY
Sackett, Shepard, 2, male, b. NY.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||28 Sep 2022|