John Smith Sackett
|Father||John Sackett (1838-1916)|
|Mother||Maria Smith (c 1840-1919)|
In 1881 John was living at Worth Street Post Office & Grocers Shop, Worth, KentG, and was recorded in the census as John S Sackett, a scholar aged seven and born in Worth, Kent. John, and his brother William N Sackett, were recorded in the household of their great uncle William Neame, the sub-postmaster.7
In 1891 he was living at Walnut Tree Cottage, Worth VillageG, in the household of his parents John and Maria, and was recorded as John S Sackett, a farm worker, aged 17 and born in Worth.8
In 1901 he was living at 8 Canon Flowers Cottages, Worth, KentG, and was recorded as John S Sackett, a general labourer, single, aged 26 and born in Worth, son of John Sackett.9
In 1911 he was living at Cold Cross, Worth, KentG, in the household of his parents John and Maria, and was recorded as John Sackett, an agricultural labourer, single, aged 37 and born in Worth.10
In 1921 he was living at 22 Pioneer Road, DoverG, and was recorded as John S Sackett, an agricultural labourer, head of household, aged 47. His wife May, 37, was living with him. May's mother Annie Hopper was visiting.11
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, John and May were living at 2 Archers Court Cottages, Archers Court Road, Dover, KentG. John was a horticultural nursery labourer. May's widowed mother Annie was living with them.12
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Mar qtr 1874. Sackett, John Smith. Mother: Smith. Eastry. 2a:854."
- 1939 Register.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1955. Sackett, John S, 81. Dover."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1911. Sackett, John S. Eastry. 2a:2389."
- Marriage, Worth, Kent (database, Ancestry.co.uk), "24 Jul 1911, John Smith Sackett, 37, father John Sackett; to May Elizabeth Jane Hopper, 25, father Stephen Thomas Hopper."
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341236, PRO RG11/0994/109/3
Worth Street Post Office & Grocers Shop
William NEAME, head, married, 60, b. Barham, Kent, sub post master & grocer
Susannah NEAME, wife, 60, b. Goodnestone, Kent, scholar
William N. SACKETT, nephews son, 10, b. Worth, Kent, scholar
John S. SACKETT, nephews son, 7, b. Worth, scholar.
- 1891 England census
RG12, piece 735, folio 94, p. 8, GSU roll 6095845
Walnut Tree Cottage, Worth Village, Worth, Kent
John Sackett, head, married, 52, carpenter & parish clerk, b. Kent, Margate
Maria Sackett, wife, 51, b. Kent, Ash
John S Sackett, son, 17, employed on farm, b. Kent, Worth
Ruth M Sackett, dau, 12, scholar, b. Kent, Worth
Frank P Sackett, son, 9, scholar, b. Kent, Worth.
- 1901 England census
8 Canon Flowers Cottages, Worth (SS Peter & Paul), Kent
John Sackett, head, married, 62, wheelwright, worker, b. Margate, Kent
Maria Sackett, wife, 61, b. Ash, Kent
John S Sackett, son, single, 26, general labourer, worker, b. Worth
Frank P Sackett, son, single, 19, under gardener domestic, b. Worth
Cecil Sackett, grandson, 7, b. Worth.
- 1911 England census
Cold Cross, Worth, Eastry, Kent
John Sackett, head, 73, married 41y, wheelwright, worker, b. Margate, Kent
Maria Sackett, wife, 73, 10 ch, 7 living, b. Ash, Kent
John Sackett, son, 37, single, general labourer agricultural, b. Worth.
- 1921 England census
22 Pioneer Road, Dover, Kent
John S Sackett, head, 47y 4m, married, b. Worth, Kent, agricultural labourer, G & A Clark Ltd, Nurseyman, Dover Connaught Nursery
May E J Sackett, wife, 37y 2m, married, b. Ripple, Kent, home duties
Annie Hopper, visitor, 61y 8m, widowed, b. Tilmanstone, Kent
Sylvia Hopper, visitor, 5y 8m, b. Woodnesborough, Kent.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, 2 Archers Court Cottages, Archers Court Road, Dover R D, Kent: RG101/1814E/004/13, John Smith Sackett, b. 6 Feb 1874, married, horticultural nursery labourer, heavy worker; RG101/1814E/004/14, May E Jane Sackett, b. 19 Apr 1886, married, unpaid domestic duties; Anne Hopper, b. 1862, widowed, incapacitated; Sylvia Hopper, b. 1915, single, incapacitated.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||5 Nov 2022|