|Father||Henry Sackett (1871-1913)|
|Mother||Annie Kelly (1870-1938)|
In 1911 Thomas was living at 40 Janeway Street, BermondseyG, in the household of his parents Henry and Annie, and was recorded in the census as Tom Sackett, a schoolboy, aged five and born in Bermondsey.11
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Thomas and Grace were living at 88 Aspinall Road, Deptford, LondonG. Thomas was a clerical salesman and Grace a shirt machinist. Grace's father Percy was living next door.12
Administration of Thomas's estate was granted on 25 March 1966 to his widow Grace. His estate was valued at £6,169.13
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1906. Sackett, Thomas. Mother: Kelly. St Olave Bermondsey. 1d:187."
- Emails from Rita Sackett to Chris Sackett, December 2004.
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1966. Sackett, Thomas, 59. Hendon. 5c:322."
- Probate record.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1932. Sackett, Thomas. Spouse: Baston. St Olave. 1d:309."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1932. Baston, Grace M. Spouse: Sackett. St Olave. 1d:309."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1909. Baston, Grace Matilda. Hendon. 3a:342."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Aug 1989. Sackett, Grace Matilda, b. 30 Jan 1909. Hendon. 13:555:889."
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 40 Janeway Street, Bermondsey, London
Henry Sackett, head, 42, married, dock labourer, unloading cargo, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, wife, 40, m. 21y, 9 ch, all living, sack mender, contractors, b. Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 20, single, occ: none, b. Rotherhithe
Timothy Sackett, son, 17, sawyer, timber merchants, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, dau, 15, tin worker, tin maker, b. Rotherhithe
George Sackett, son, 11, school, b. Bermondsey
Joseph Sackett, son, 9, school, b. Bermondsey
John Sackett, son, 7, school, b. Bermondsey
Tom Sackett, son, 5, school, b. Bermondsey, twin
Mary Sackett, dau, 5, school, b. Bermondsey, twin
Annie Legon, boarder, single, tin plate worker, b. Bermondsey
Mary Legon, boarder, single, tin plate worker, b. Bermondsey.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 88 Aspinall Road, Deptford, London: Thomas Sackett, b. 10 May 1906, married, clerical salesman; Grace M Sackett, b. 31 Jan 1909, married, shirt machinist.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Thomas of 36 Dorchester Way Kenton Middlesex died 25 February 1966 at Edgware General Hospital Hendon Middlesex Administration London 25 March to Grace Matilda Sackett widow. £6169."
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||6 November 2016|